Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak):
$111373.92 to $139217.40
Permanent Full Time
We’re not your typical government agency
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We’re mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
Experience a Results-Only Work Environment™ (ROWE™)
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
This position reports to the Enterprise Risk Management team in our Office of the Chief Risk Officer sector. This sector enables each employee to embrace strategic risks within established limits
About the role
We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. You will be lead a team that sets the standard for operational risk management across CMHC, and provides oversight for CMHC’s support services, including finance, human resources, policy and innovation. Your team will specialize in managing risk for security, business continuity as well as information and technology risks across CMHC. You will be overseeing business risk taking, and monitoring and quality assurance activities. You will be providing operational risk guidance to your clients, including training, awareness and guidance to employees on operational risk tools and participating in the concurrence process related to product and process changes. You will be supporting the development and evolution of risk policies, guidelines, products and process changes as well as oversight of cross functional operational risks. This will help us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
What you will need
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience supervising a team.
- Comprehensive knowledge of operational risk management and internal control frameworks.
- Comprehensive understanding of information management, information technology and information security (IM-IT-IS) challenges, risks, trends, threats, good practices and standards.
- University degree in Computer Sciences, MBA, or a related program with a minimum ten (10) years’ work experience in related area OR an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Certified Information System Security Officer (CISSO) / International Standards Organization 27005 Risk Manager (ISO/IEC 27005) / Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) / Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) / Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) / Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP) / or other technology-related professional designation would be considered an asset.
- Awareness of CMHC's mandate and its regulatory environment, as well as a comprehensive understanding of the economic environment.
- Fundamental understanding of asset/liability management.
- Strong knowledge of IM-IT-IS internal control concepts and frameworks.
What you will be doing
- Develop and lead a high-performing team
- Aligning people, work and systems to achieve program and policy efficiencies and results.
- Developing objectives and take responsibility for engagement, enabling a culture of learning, performance management and accountability within a divisional group.
- Creating opportunities that encourage bilingualism and diversity and implements practices to advance an inclusive, healthy organization, respectful of the diversity of people and their skills and free from harassment and discrimination
Operational Risk Oversight
- Implementing and supporting the ongoing development of the operational risk management framework and associated policies, guidelines and tools focused on security, business continuity as well as information and technology risks. Write corporate-wide policies and guidelines to be deployed.
- Promote an effective risk culture including an awareness and accountability for identifying and managing risks.
- Ensure adequacy of reporting on operational risk profile, operational risk appetite and any significant operational risk issues, including new and emerging risks.
- Monitor and report on the status of action items to address identified operational risk issues including liaising with OSFI on operational risk related inquiries..
- Ensuring sound risk management of CMHC (corporately), including attainment of key corporate-wide targets.
- Participating in sector objectives setting and related activities, including determining security, business continuity as well as information and technology risk appetites that advance achievement of CMHC's mandate and strategic objectives.
- Providing input on security and business information and technology risk metrics and tolerance limits.
- Leading various initiatives for the division and/or sector as assigned.
Support Strategic Priorities
- Leading the development of a comprehensive risk based plan for the area of responsibility in line with corporate strategies and key risks.
- Presenting complex results, influence decisions and outcomes, and persuade others to take a course of action.
- Developing networks and alliances with a wide range of colleagues, stakeholders, clients and partners.
- Presenting review results and make recommendations to senior management, and obtain feedback and direction on action plans.
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date:
January 31, 2020 @ 11:59 pm EST (Note, the competition may remain active until filled)
Job Requisition ID:
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities
- If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.