Number of Openings:
Visiting *May be required to work within ICCP on an occasional basis.*
Hours of Work:
Days & Evenings *75 Hours Bi-weekly as per Collective Agreement*
Job Posting Number:
French Language Skill Requirement:
St. Joseph’s Home Care (SJHC) is dedicated to providing quality, compassionate, and client centered care to individuals in their homes and/or alternative settings through visiting or the Integrated Comprehensive Care programs. Registered Nurses enhance the life of their clients by providing a broad range of care needs within the framework of SJHC’s policies and procedures and the standards of practice prescribed by the College of Nurses of Ontario. Through their work, Registered Nurses contribute to the healing and independence of their clients and promote the continual improvement of the overall health of the community.
1. Utilize the nursing process and standards of care (College of Nurses of Ontario) to work independently in the community and provide the highest quality care through completion of appropriate client assessments and implementation of the plan of care.
2. Coordinate effective and safe care for clients; ensure appropriate caseload management, and ongoing monitoring and evaluation of care.
3. Provide effective nursing care primarily to clients within the Hamilton Visiting Program and to the clients of the Integrated Comprehensive Care Program as required.
4. Collaborate respectfully with the client, family members, other team members, Physicians and the LHIN (where appropriate), advocating for the client/caregivers by interpreting information, supporting decisions and facilitating communications. Utilize technology in order to effectively document and communicate with other team members and Physicians.
5. Apply current knowledge and research to practice. Maintain current competencies, participate in continuing professional development opportunities and obtain advanced or specialized nursing qualification/skills to meet client care needs. Carry out self-appraisals in accordance with the College of Nurses of Ontario Standards of Practice and Self-evaluation and the SJHC appraisal process.
1. Current RN registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario with no restrictions on licence or hearings pending, AND
2. Registered Nursing Diploma from an accredited college program with evidence of IV medication administration as part of the basic educational curriculum OR
3. Registered Nursing Diploma from an accredited college program and IV medication administration certificate from an accredited college program if this content was not included in the basic diploma educational curriculum OR
4. Registered Nursing Certificate from an accredited college program, a medication administration certificate and an IV medication administration certificate from an accredited college program
5. Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
6. Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)
7. Ability to function to the full scope of practice as per the College of Nurses of Ontario
8. Experience conducting comprehensive nursing assessments (example: Mini-metal status, depression, pain, etc.)
11. Can effectively use software for client documents, word processing and communication
12. Committed to customer service
13. Demonstrated commitment to the values of Dignity, Respect, Service, Justice, Responsibility and Enquiry.
14. Demonstrated commitment to professional development and continuing education
15. Good work performance and attendance record are essential
16. Certificate of Registration from Ontario College of Nurses with proof of payment for current year
17. Demonstrates the following competencies: Service and Mission Focus, Achievement, Teamwork, Learning and Innovation, Communication, Conflict Resolution and Resilience.
18. Valid Driver’s License. Proof of $1M automobile liability insurance.
St. Joseph’s Home Care is an equal opportunity employer and strives for equity, inclusiveness, and diversity in all our programs, practices, facilities, and people. To request any accommodations in the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms) please let the hiring manager know prior to interviewing. Should you wish to conduct your interview in the French language, please contact our head office location to make arrangements prior to interviewing.
Reference ID: ONA-21-01
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $26.08-$39.68 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- community nursing: 1 year (Preferred)
- CNO (Required)
- driver's licence and access to reliable car (Required)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place