Eskimo Point Lumber Supply is currently looking for a full-time Human Resources Manager to join their team in Winnipeg!
Reporting to the President, the Manager of Human Resources is responsible for the smooth and profitable operation of a company’s human resources department. Responsibilities include providing consultation to management on strategic staffing plans, compensation, benefits, training and development, budget, labor relations, disciplinary actions and ensuring corporate compliance.
The HR manager will also be expected to take a leadership role in developing a culture that enables employees to perform in accordance with the company’s objectives; and will take the lead on special projects as directed by the President.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Partnering with management to understand the long-term company objectives, identify areas of opportunity and implement Human Resource interventions needed to meet the short and longer-term growth strategies
- Designing, developing and executing best-practice initiatives for core human resources policies and programs, including succession and career planning, performance appraisals, recruitment, onboarding and employee retention
- Providing senior level advice and recommendations to senior management and departmental administrators on matters relating to human resources issues
- Overseeing and providing strong mentorship to the EPLS leadership team and Human Resources department through effective training, coaching and team building
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the department, ensuring security and accuracy of employee records, consistency of practice and maintenance of optimum service levels
- Ensuring effective benefit and compensation policies, practices and systems are in place in accordance with employment agreements, employment standard guidelines and best practices
- Work with the President to develop and manage business strategies, special projects and programs to ensure that organizational needs are met
- Involvement in Corporate branding and marketing initiatives
- Work with senior leaders to create a culture that supports company mission, values and vision
- Develop and lead organizational development programs that support the performance and development of leaders
- Collaborate with leaders to support business re-design and change management
- Development of performance management and alignment to ensure that company goals are met
- Maintain relationships with internal and external business and educational partners
- Preparation of internal communications on behalf of the President and EPLS executive team
- Acting member of the executive team
- Travel to the North will be required to support EPLS operations. Timing and duration to be reviewed discussed prior to travel.
- Post Secondary degree with a focus in Human Resources or Business Management, or a combination of education and experience. A CPHR designation would be considered an asset.
- 5+ years of Human Resource Management experience
- Ability to deal with sensitive situations in a confidential and professional manner
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Must be articulate with strong English verbal and written communication skills,
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service orientation
- Must be advanced in computer applications with good level of experience with MS Office Suite
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision
- Good time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Must have a strong work ethic, be reliable with a positive team attitude
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience with a start-up would be considered an asset
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines and respond to rapidly changing demands while ensuring efficient follow-up
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply with a cover letter and resume to our website at: www.eskimopointlumber.com/careers/
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Eskimo Point Lumber Supply is a Nunavut based retailer and distributor that provides goods and services to the Kivalliq region. Our core values are based on honesty, hard work and service to the community. We are proud to provide support and opportunities to the Inuit communities in which we are based.
Benefits of Working for Us:
- Competitive compensation package & Group Benefit Plan
- Great colleagues and team atmosphere
- Opportunity to develop with a growing organization
- Family oriented environment
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Human Resources Management: 5 years (Required)
- Supervisory: 5 years (Required)
- Generalist: 5 years (Preferred)
- Department Strategy: 2 years (Preferred)
- Learning & Development: 2 years (Required)
- Recruitment: 5 years (Required)
- Winnipeg (Preferred)