OZ Optics Limited is a leading worldwide supplier of fiber optic products, test equipment and sensors. It is located in Canada's capital city of Ottawa and established in 1985.
- Every employee receives full benefits including medical, dental, optical and life insurance with the premiums paid for by OZ Optics.
- Opportunity to work along side with subject matter experts in fiber optics
- Opportunity to work on world-class products with cutting-edge technologies
- Best recreational facilities company can offer. Squash and basketball courts, weight-training rooms, indoor pool, sauna, and hot tub for use by employees
- Staff events - adult and children's holiday parties, Easter egg hunt, family summer barbecue, and soccer games.
- Free on-site parking
Attend Reception Desk duties and administrative tasks. Act as the focal point for all visitors, guests, and incoming calls. Support Sales Admin functions, document filing, and sending quotations to customers.
- Answer all switchboard incoming calls and address/forward them accordingly
- Regularly file documents
- Send quotations prepared by Sales department to Customers
- Maintain switchboard speed-dials and directory
- Prepare and set up holiday messages on the switchboard
- Greet, screen, log, and issue badges to visitors/guests
- Schedule and coordinate meetings
- Prepare, receive, and distribute reports, fax, mail, and emails
- Utilize business applications such as MS Outlook, ERP, Zoom, Webex
- Attend other administrative duties as required
- Secondary School Diploma
- Additional courses in office administration, communication, and interpersonal skills are asset.
- At least 2 years of recent experience in answering switchboard for a company with 100+ employees
- Experience in Office Administration is a must
- Familiar with operating phone main console
- Strong interpersonal skills and telephone communication competencies
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to learn and work efficiently with company applications such as Maximizer
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Vision care
Remote interview process
Personal protective equipment provided or required
Plastic shield at work stations
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures