The BID Group of Companies is a North American leader in the design, manufacture and support of World Class equipment, services and turnkey solutions for the solid wood processing industry. BID Group serves primarily the North American market, and offers the most comprehensive range of products on the market, producing everything from mechanical equipment and PLCs to optimization systems equipped with digital machine vision technology. The company integrates its products & technology to deliver fully automated production lines. BID Group has over 1200 employees working in our many divisions located around North America.
The Mechanical Technician is a highly motivated tradesman working in the BID Group Service Division. As a key team member of the technical team, you will be involved primarily in field servicing, commissioning, maintaining, and fine-tuning of mechanical systems designed by Bid. The ability to travel extensively to client’s sites and a close working relationship with the engineering and project management departments is a must in this role. We empower our people to do their very best and create an environment that will encourage new ideas.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Adhere to and promote company safety standards.
- Ensure customer satisfaction with BID systems.
- Carry-out scheduled service visits.
- Complete preventative maintenance following checklists and train clients on the system.
- Provide over-the-phone troubleshooting service in support of our call center.
- Travel in North America.
- Complete timely & thorough service reports, timecards, & expense reports.
- Contribute to the production engineering process.
- Communicating with vendors, internal contacts and customers.
Qualifications and Skills
- Millwright or equivalent.
- Experience in a Sawmill is an asset but not required.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Possess an understanding of pneumatic, hydraulic systems.
- Ability to read fabrication & assembly drawings.
- Be able to function under pressure when required and enjoy customer contact.
- Enjoy teamwork but can also work without supervision when required.
- Shows attention to detail
- Good trouble shooting skills
- Willing to travel
- Basic computer skills. Word, Excel, Email.
You are unique. You have all the job qualifications and are looking for a challenge. We offer a competitive salary and a range of attractive benefits including: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K and much more. Every job application is treated confidentially. Only those candidates whose applications are retained will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.
Job Type: Full-time
- Saw Mill: 1 year (Preferred)
- Millwright: 1 year (Preferred)