Little Mountain Learning Academy is looking for a passionate and skilled English educator with experience in providing dynamic learning opportunities for their middle and high school aged students. You will deliver a variety of classes throughout the week, primarily for learners from Grade 4 to Grade 10. You will teach the same children every week, enabling you to build great relationships with your learners. Little Mountain offers additional professional growth opportunities for our educators to become curriculum developers, program leads, teacher trainers and administrators. We look forward to inviting the right person to become a part of the Little Mountain community.
The skills and qualifications we are looking for include:
- Experience working with middle and high school aged students in an enriched English Language Arts setting.
- The ability to provide rich learning opportunities for ESL students from Grade 4 to Grade 10.
- A focus on academic writing and reading for understanding, introducing a variety of texts, and opportunities for students to develop their literary analysis skills and written and spoken expression.
- A passion for cultivating a love for literature and learning.
- Confidence in communicating with parents,
- Strong classroom management to encourage a positive learning environment,
- Experience in designing plans and delivering lessons which are student-centred and include integrated tasks,
- The ability to assess students in a meaningful way to support their progress,
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, the ability to collaborate, exceptional organizational skills, a high level of professionalism, flexibility and a sense of humour!
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree, TESOL, B.Ed and Masters Degree holders.
Hours: Monday to Friday 3:00 to 8:30 pm. Additional daytime hours for those with curriculum development experience.
Compensation: $24/hr - $30/hr based on qualifications and experience, extended medical and dental benefits after 6 months, and paid professional development.
Employment Type: Contract, 1 Year +
WHAT WE OFFER
Little Mountain is Canadian owned and a leader in after school academic enrichment and ESL education and attracts and supports the growth of top instructors. We are a fun and energetic school of engaged educators, with a brand that emphasizes community, quality, and personalized learning. We offer a competitive hourly based on qualifications and experience, moving toward salaried positions over time, extended medical and dental benefits after 6 months, and paid professional development. This position requires you to be located in Vancouver, BC and available to teach on-site in the afternoon and evenings.
Located at the entrance to the UBC campus in UBC Village, we have provided leadership in after school Pre-K through Grade 12 education since 2004. Our curriculum is developed in-house and under constant development and improvement. We are recognized locally and internationally for our brand of high-quality education. Our curriculum is not just delivered in our Vancouver classes, but also internationally through our partnership with Smrt English, an online language learning platform.
Please take a look at our website to discover more about us: https://lmacademics.com/lmla-mission/
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume and a one page cover letter, which includes a little about your experiences and your teaching philosophy. Without the complete application package items you will not be considered. Due to the anticipated volume of applications, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you for your application and we appreciate your interest in Little Mountain.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24.00 to $30.00 /hour