Excellent people make excellent business
Norbord is the leading global OSB manufacturer our success comes from hiring skilled and talented team members in all areas of our business. We are dedicated to developing and retaining a strong and committed workforce that ensures we remain at the front of manufacturing excellence. At Norbord we are committed to teamwork and safety without compromise. We are currently seeking an exceptional individual for the following vacancy:
PRODUCTION TEAM LEADER – HIGH LEVEL, AB
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Production Team Leader is responsible for managing a production team in a manner that emphasizes safety and efficiency within a busy team environment. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Lead by example and demonstrate the importance of safety to all team members, communicating to team members that compliance to all safety practices are mandatory.
- Oversee safe and efficient day to day operations of the mill during 12-hour shifts.
- Ensure team members are at their operating stations on as required and operating equipment to company standards.
- Maintain security of the mill and all equipment during normal working hours.
- Manage housekeeping during shift hours and making rounds on a regular basis.
- Assist process technicians to maintain board quality from the stranders to the finishing end.
- Review finished products in the warehouse to ensure it meets company standards.
- Maintain full communication with the mill at all times through radio and log books.
- Keep accurate and timely records of time books, log books, production reports, down time and equipment breakdown.
- Respond to and commandeer emergency situations.
- Ensure new personnel are trained in the safe operation of mill equipment based on company standards.
- Ensure that Company and government OH&S rules and guidelines are adhered to, providing direction and discipline if required.
As the ideal candidate, you have a minimum of 5 years of recent work experience in the forest industry, preferably within an oriented strand board mill. Advanced communication skills (both verbal and written) are a requirement. A dedication to a professional team environment with an emphasis on safety is essential.
- Competitive salary based on education/experience
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan, health, dental and vision plan, life insurance
Job Type: Full-time
- Forest Industry: 5 years (Preferred)