This position is responsible for providing a broad range of administrative and operational support at Underwood Gilholme Estate Lawyers, a boutique practice focused on wills and estates.
· Support to multiple lawyers and other assistants, which includes composing, reviewing, editing, and auditing legal drafts and correspondence;
· General office support, which includes filing, copying, preparing documents for signing, file opening and maintenance, client relations, maintaining precedents, arranging appointments and client meetings, diarizing files, and client follow-up; and
· Approximately 90% in a legal assistant role and 10% in a relief receptionist role.
· Preparing Wills, Enduring Powers of Attorney, Personal Directives, and estate administration documents;
· Conducting routine searches (Land Titles Office, courthouse, etc.);
· Preparing real estate-related documents and transactions within an estate administration;
· Working with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and ESILaw (or other practice management software);
· Filing court applications and related documents;
· Greeting clients and providing refreshments, answering telephone calls, and responding to emails;
· Preparing mail and courier deliveries; and
· Housekeeping in the office kitchen.
Legal Assistant Diploma
This is an excellent opportunity for individuals interested in gaining experience in the legal field, particularly in the area of wills and estates. If you are a motivated individual with a passion for law and possess the necessary skills, we encourage you to apply.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $55,000.00 per year
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-10-07
Expected start date: 2023-10-30