Build with us, grow with us.
IRIS (www.irisradgroup.com) is a privacy-centric smart cities solutions company located in Burlington ON, Canada.
We are a late-stage start-up company with revenue contracts with cities in Canada and have received investment from a billion dollar telematics company.
Our Flagship product is iPORT, an AI-enabled dash cam installed on city fleets that can detect and report road and public infrastructure deficiencies - faster and cheaper than the manual inspection process today.
We are expanding and looking to hire multiple software engineers; full-stack engineers, machine learning developers, and data experts.
1. Description of Role & Work
The Sr. Software Engineer is responsible for managing a team currently consisting of 5 full-time and 2 part-time employees participating in product development, from ideation to deployment and beyond. You'll work on groundbreaking product features, issues and improvements that are critical to the success of IRIS customers and the broader community.
You will be part of the c-suite management at IRIS to make our products smarter and more intuitive to use.
You must also be comfortable working in a fast-paced team with minimal direction, exercising initiative, adaptability, and communication skills with hardware engineering and program management staff. Creativity, hard work, perseverance, and a positive attitude will be necessary on a daily basis.
1.1 Competencies & Experience
Minimum Formal Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent field. MEng and MASc graduates also welcome to apply.
Minimum professional experience: Proven success managing a tech team and building innovative technology solutions.
1.2 Soft Skills & Experience
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and personal management skills (e.g. managing timelines, requirements, planning out work, etc.)
- Ability to work independently or in small teams (up to ~10 people)
- Ability to learn and apply new information and skills to advance project goals
- Excellent documentation skills and habits
1.3 Technical Skills & Experience Must Have
- 3+ years of experience as a Sr. Software Engineer or CTO in a technology company.
- Experience in Machine Learning
- Able to independently deliver features and projects with very minimal supervision.
- Very confident with Python based web development frameworks, e.g. Flask, Django.
- Very confident with SQL, NoSQL, RDBMs (PostgreSQL) and Relational database management.
- Working in Linux environment with the public Cloud, e.g. AWS, GCP
- Familiar with Agile process in software development life cycle with tools like Git, Jenkins, Ansible, Docker.
- Work experience with public Cloud services, e.g. AWS, GCP.
- Production experience with Android application development by using Kotlin or React Native.
Compensation: Includes equity participation.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home opportunities
Reference ID: E-008
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: $77,945.00 to $95,266.00 /year
- Software Engineering: 3 years (Required)
- Machine Learning: 1 year (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19