Position Title: Gas Plant Operator
Job Type: Union
Reporting to: Foreman, Plant Operations
Location: Jumping Pound Gas Plant
“Poised to become the first Canadian company to market LNG off the East Coast to global consumers" Pieridae is Canada’s only independent, publicly traded LNG company, focused on developing the US$10 billion Goldboro LNG Project and export facility off Canada’s East Coast. Many key elements are in place: the majority of key permits, a 20-year contract with German utility Uniper to buy half of Goldboro’s gas, and US$4.5 billion in potential loan guarantees from the German Government. Pieridae owns and operates natural gas assets across Canada, with a primary focus on our producing assets in Alberta.
The Jumping Pound Gas Complex is currently looking for a safety-oriented individual to fill an operations role for their high-pressure sour gas plant situated southwest of Cochrane, Alberta.
Reporting to the Plant Foreman and Chief Power Engineer you will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the equipment and processes. You will provide direct guidance and support to operating staff and contractors to consistently meet or exceed expectations in the following areas: health and safety, production, operating costs, corporate values, environment, health and safety, training, regulatory, and emergency response while in care and control of the facility. We offer unique opportunities for self-starting individuals to have material impact on the shaping and success of our company.
- Responsible for the safe operation of a 1st class, 5500 e3m3/d sour gas plant with fractionation unit, stabilization unit, deep cut, sulphur plant, and all associated utilities.
- Responsible for isolation and permitting activities in a large industrial setting.
- Must meet the requirements of WHMIS, ABSA, and ASME codes as required.
- Must maintain a log book and operate the site’s power boilers in compliance with the regulations.
- Must follow and apply the site’s safe work procedures.
- Must be able to take and direct calls from the public regarding the site’s activities. Our interactions with the community are critical to our business.
- Must be prepared to respond to an emergency and follow the site’s emergency response plan.
Education, experience and skills:
- Experience in sour gas processing facilities required
- Minimum 3rd class power engineering certificate is required
- 5th Class driver’s license is required
- Current certification in H2S alive, First Aid, WHIMIS, TDG is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to process changes and modifications
- Demonstrated computer literacy and knowledge of automated operations systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Work well with others in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work twelve hour rotating shifts and cover other operators during their absences.
Job Type: Full-time
- Sour Gas Plant: 3 years (Required)