JATEC has been connecting communities for 35 years. We have expertise in the installation of fibre optic telecommunications, underground utilities for residential development, street lighting, and highway sign infrastructure across Canada.
People + Power is the focus. We are committed to creating an environment where people learn and grow, and pride ourselves on our culture by hiring and promoting the right people.
Join JATEC as a Project Coordinator and build your career today with an established and growing company in the Construction Industry.
- Industry competitive salary
- Overtime opportunities
- Advancement opportunities
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To support project teams for project delivery through administrative support, coordination, and completion / submission of project documents.
- Document Q/A and Q/C paperwork for quality control.
- Report information to project manager from job sites.
- Coordinate for materials on site.
- Perform administrative and labouring tasks as required.
- Post-secondary education in relevant field or combination of education and experience.
- Two years of relevant project coordination experience in the construction field, including planning, design and construction, interpreting and applying contract plans and specifications, and coordinating contracted construction projects.
- Able to identify and address project issues, and troubleshoot effectively.
- Experience in civil construction, telecommunications, and/or underground utilities.
- Technically competent with various software programs (MS Office, Internet Explorer, project management software).
- Capable of using computer programs and ERP systems to meet project goals.
- Experience using Bluebeam, Fieldwire, or similar construction management software is an asset.
- Some estimating experience is an asset.
- Detail-oriented and able to multitask in a deadline based environment.
- Able to work in a team environment to coordinate assigned development projects.
- Organizational skills to allow for effective scheduling and coordinating.
- Possess an exceptional level of professionalism, integrity, and customer-focus.
- Ability to work well independently and in a high performance, fast-paced team environment.
- Working knowledge of construction industry legislation.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety standards.
Apply with your Indeed resume or send resume and cover letter to hr at jatec.ca
Job Type: Full-time
- Project Coordination: 2 years (Required)
- construction: 2 years (Preferred)