EA Toronto is looking for a Quality Designer I to work at our Toronto mobile game development studio in a hybrid remote work model. Our team has years of experience releasing multiple top-10 freemium iOS games like Covet Fashion, Design Home, Kim Kardashian: Hollywood, and Diner Dash adventures. Our culture is rooted in promoting creativity to deliver world-class mobile experiences for players around the world.
You will work on a cross-functional team working with other QAs, Game-Designers, Developers, and Artists to ensure our mobile game software is of the highest quality in functionality, usability, and fun. You will support the release of new features and content for our live titles through all industry leading QA best practices. As a QA embedded into the scrum team you will be integral in our sprinting process responsible for identifying test requirements, developing test strategy, performing risk assessment, and signing off on all game feature and content releases. You will report to the QA Team lead.
- Perform all QA activities necessary to guide our game and it's features through agile development including test strategy design, test plan writing, bug tracking and resolution
- Design and write test cases and test plans, and conduct test plan reviews for accuracy and consistency in test design paradigms, best practices and conventions
- Send test requests to off-shore QA teams for test execution, and review test results, bugs, and all relevant artifacts
- Drive bug triage meetings using multiple sources of information including player data, product timelines, and quality metrics
- You will work with other members of development, production, and design teams to help solve technical problems, perform quality assessments, identify risk, feature planning
- Identify tooling or automated testing/scripting opportunities
- 2-4 years of Quality Analyst or Design experience
- 1-3 years of manual, black-box, functional testing experience
- In-depth knowledge of software/game development, including both agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Strong understanding with game or product design
- Experience working in a cross-functional agile scrum team
- Experience with task and bug tracking systems such as (JIRA, Testrail)
- Knowledge of iOS and Android platforms
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The hourly pay ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the hourly pay range for your specific location.
EA has listed the hourly pay ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
HOURLY PAY RANGES
- California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $25 - $35
- New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $20 - $35
º $26 - $35
- Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $20 - $31
- Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $20 - $32
The hourly rate is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees.
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.