A large retailer located in the Northumberland area is looking for mature individuals to join a busy team as a Lumber Sales and Customer Service/DIY Sales team member.
The successful candidate will have a strong customer service, time management and computer skills. Previous experience in a Lumber Sales or DIY Sales position is a must.
Both full time and part time positions come with plenty of opportunity for growth within an outstanding supportive team environment.
The successful candidates will be responsible for providing prompt, courteous and efficient service to our customers; advising them on appropriate merchandise and related items. His or her duties include being familiar with pricing, local building codes, types of building permits issued, preparing quotations, as well as a variety of other related duties. The salesperson must perform all assigned tasks with sufficient speed and accuracy to avoid adverse impact on the level of service to customers and to achieve sales profitability.
· Ensure customers are greeted upon their arrival at the sales counter.
· Determine customer’s needs by asking open-ended questions.
· Communicate product knowledge to the customer as appropriate.
· Process special orders for non-stock or out of stock items.
· Be familiar with and maintain up to date information on pricing.
· Have an understanding of local building codes.
· Know types of building permits issued.
· Know prices, practices, and policies of the company’s competitors.
· Help customers solve building problems.
· Update yourself with practical knowledge of building materials and lumber products, including their uses, advantages, and disadvantages.
· Resolve customer complaints.
· Be familiar with current yard inventory and surplus items.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays.
· Friendly and helpful attitude toward customers.
· Good mathematical skills.
· Must be able to communicate effectively and persuasively with employees, management, suppliers, and customers, to obtain accurate information for pricing, estimates, quotations, etc.
· Willingness to continually develop professional skills and knowledge base.
· High School graduation or equivalent.
· Ability to work cooperatively in a team atmosphere.
· Comfortable working with computers.
We offer a competitive wage and benefits program with an opportunity for unlimited growth.
Our team consists of outstanding individuals with positive attitudes, superior people skills and a willingness to do what it takes.
If you want to become a member of our team and posses the required skills, please submit your resume via the APPLY NOW button.
Part-time hours: 32 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
- Customer Service / DIY sales: 3 years (Required)
- lumber sales : 2 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Northumberland, ON (Preferred)
- Answer incoming customer inquiries
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and teams to stay updated on new products, services, and policies
- Record and modify customer information within the database
- Engage with clients in a friendly and professional manner while actively listening to their concerns
- Offer support and solutions to customers in accordance with the company's customer service policies
- Other duties as requested