A shipper processes out boxes through the shipping stations by scanning the outbox label, printing and affixing shipping labels, and logging carrier tracking numbers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Physically ship products through various transportation companies, load trucks in a safe and efficient manner.
2. Create waybills and shipping documentation when required.
3. Log and enter various data elements into the database for each shipment.
4. Maintain shipping specific documentation.
5. Create destruction loads when required and prepare paperwork for supervisor.
6. Assist in wrapping, weighing and labeling of pallets.
7. Assist in Cage when required.
8. Coordinate with the Customer Service Dept when required.
9. Log and enter various shipping related data elements into the database. (ie. Weights, quantities).
10. Stage product for shipping.
11. Track or trace shipments when required.
12. Assist or help with product ‘dig outs’ and ‘return verifications’ when required by QC or Client Service.
13. Advise manager/supervisor when shipping related products are required (ie: boxes, labels, pallets, bags, etc.).
14. Advise manager/supervisor on shipping related issues causing downtime or production inefficiencies.
15. Assist in the investigation and correction of ‘shipping related’ quality and production issues (ie: missing skid sheets, incorrect pallet weights, etc.).
16. Receive physical products (boxes, bags, pouches, envelopes) that have been delivered by various transportation companies in an effective and efficient manner.
17. Accessing and Operating Med-Turn’s Returns Processing System.
18. Initial Waybill scan of incoming returns.
19. Verify and enter the dispenser information, carrier, package weight, freight charges and condition of boxes.
20. Document and lock narcotics in ‘dock cage’, deliver to ‘main cage’ at correct times as per procedure.
21. Stage received returns for processing.
22. Prepare placard for received pallets with dock and received date.
23. Maintain receiving specific documentation (ie. driver’s log).
24. Advise of any H&S issues that need to be addressed.
25. Follow established safety and security protocols.
26. Aid other team members from other lines when required.
27. Use of pallet pump truck, walkee, or forklift as required.
28. Keep work area clean and safe.
29. Assist in other areas when required.
30. All other duties as requested by management.
High school diploma or GED preferred.
Excel, Microsoft Word, FedEx System
The following forklift certifications:
Narrow Aisle Reach
Ability to successfully multitask, works efficiently, and meets deadlines in an atmosphere of frequent interruption.
Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the major job responsibilities (essential functions) of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the major job responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is:
Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands or arms.
Regularly required to talk or hear and read instructions on a computer monitor and/or printed on paper.
Regularly required to stand, kneel or stoop, and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Regularly required to view items at an extremely close range and must be able to adjust and readjust focus.
Support a safe work environment by following safety rules and regulations and reporting all safety hazards.