Currie Truck Centre- Bracebridge, ON
Hours: M-F 8am -5pm, plus Saturday rotation (4 hours)
40-44 hours week – permanent, full time employment
Currie Truck Centre is currently searching for a highly motivated Parts Counter Person as we continue to grow in all locations. This position is responsible for providing superior customer service to internal and external customers by sourcing and filling medium & heavy duty parts orders; received over the parts counter, through the service shop, by e-mail, phone or fax.
The successful applicant will have 2+ years of experience with heavy duty truck parts, preferably in a dealership environment. Previous history in shipping/receiving is also an asset.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
· Handle parts sales to customers & arrange for pickup/delivery
· Handle parts and core returns from customers
· Assist in loading & unloading of goods for shipping & receiving
· Receive and distribute incoming goods and materials as necessary, ensuring all packing slips and shipping documents are accurate, and that goods received are in saleable condition.
· Report all shortages/issues to management and claim for damages as applicable
· Maintain inventory control and report any discrepancies immediately to the parts manager
· Conduct inventory cycle counts as instructed
· Assist in dispute resolution with customers as required
· Represent the professional image of the company at all times, in all dealings with customers and staff
· High school diploma
· 2+ years’ experience with heavy duty truck parts
· Professional demeanor
· Efficient problem solving skills
· Efficient communication skills
· Ability to learn new technology
· Efficient Computer skills
· Driver’s License required
· Must have CSA approved footwear
· Forklift experience an asset
· Prolonged standing
· lifting, bending, twisting
· fast paced environment
We offer a Competitive compensation plan and Benefits.
Qualified applicants apply with a cover letter and resume, quoting position title.
We thank all applicants for their submissions, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All customers and staff are required to wear a mask, social distancing is maintained. Disinfecting surfaces on routine basis, plexie-glass barriers at counters.
- heavy duty truck parts: 2 years (required)
- Drivers license (preferred)