Ensure the organized and efficient operation of all yards in a relief capacity to regular Plant Management / Batchers. To support Quality Control through onsite support and / or testing in the yard.
- Promotes safety culture through engagement with employees, JHSC and subcontractors with an objective of “zero” safety incidents.
- Administer, promote and review safety policies, processes and procedures to maintain relevance while ensuring the site meets or exceeds all Innocon and Regulatory guidelines.
- Relief batching of ready-mix concrete at all plants.
- Testing of concrete in the yard and / or on site.
- Supervision and direction of yard employees in all aspects of operating the yards.
- Ordering of all raw materials for the production of concrete.
- Ensure accurate batching of concrete from the plant.
- Ensure Quality Assurance procedures are carried out in accordance with Quality Assurance Manual.
- Order and ensure all supplies related to the operation of the yards are available.
- Ensure that all reporting is completed according to required deadlines. (Material receiving logs, C.O.D Procedures, inventory reporting etc.)
- Operate in accordance with Health and Safety policies.
- Ensure daily and monthly plant inspections are carried out
- Ensure plant operation in accordance with established company guidelines, programs and procedures.
- Notify Maintenance Department of plant breakdowns and potential problems.Consumption Tracking:
Relationships with Others Functions:
- Reports to the Operations Manager
- Works closely with Area Finance to ensure costs are budgeted, forecasted accurately
- Works closely with other Plant Staff, Maintenance, Distribution, Quality, and Area Safety Staff
- Efficient plant and yard operation
- Quality of product from plant
- Customer satisfaction and service as it relates to plant operation
- Daily plant operation and performance
- 11 Possible Plants in the GTA, capacity varies from 50,000 250,000 m3
- Premix plants, Dry Batch plants
- Command Batch
- 11 Different plant configurations and operations
- Plant Loader Operators
- 1 Yardman / Loader Operator where required
- On-site aggregate depots at 3 plants
The incumbent should possess good written and verbal communication skills, Computer Skills, well developed supervisory and organization skills with a technical background including concrete technology, or a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the industry is preferred.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, process-oriented
- Strong analytical skills, research, problem solving and decision making
- Proficiency with various computer applications is a definite asset
- Good time management, self-directed, uses time wisely, can attend to a broad range of activities
Job-Specific Competency Profile (Lominger):
- Action oriented
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Motivating others
- Drive for results
- Conflict Management
- Intellectual Horsepower
- Customer Focus
- Problem solving
- Process Management
- Time Management
- Written Communications
- Innovation Management
Job Type: Contract
- Industry: 3 years (Required)
- Concrete: 3 years (Required)
- English (Required)