We are a small Accounting Firm in Burnaby BC. We are aiming to grow aggressively in 2022. This position is ideal who has strong accounting background in Canada. This role has potential to be a long term permanent job. We are looking for someone who can commit for long-term and would like to grow with the company.
This role is completely remote, accounting public practice along with understanding of latest cloud bookkeeping tools. Just to be more clear - this is not another project to take on for a freelancer or contractor, rather we are looking for a dedicated team member who can collaborate with team and clients in real time basis. So please do not apply if you are already committed to somebody else. We are open for negotiations.
· You will need to be a team player, with excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to multitask and take the initiative.
· Hands-on experience with other latest accounting and associated tools such as Dext, Microsoft Excel, Shopify & Amazon Marketplace, Square, PayPal, Plooto, Wagepoint, Payworks, A2X, Google Drive, Slack etc.
· Hands-on experience with CRA Rep account.
· Ability to handle 10-15 different clients altogether.
Minimum 3 years of full cycle bookkeeping experience in public practice environment includes the following but not limited to:
1. Client onboarding & real time communication
2. Arranging bookkeeping data from clients (completely online and virtually)
3. Setting up chart of accounts and taxes in accounting software
4. Transaction processing, review, and reconciliation
5. Fixing any uncategorized items with clients
6. Bank, credit card and loan account reconciliation
7. Monthly financial reports preparation, review and KPI delivery to clients.
8. Understanding of year end adjustment journal entry and matching final trial balance with the corporate tax return provided by the tax accountant.
9. Good understanding of full cycle payroll along with other compliance like workers compensation, T4/T4A/T5018, EHT etc.
10. GST/HST and PST understanding, return preparation, review and filing on CRA portal.
Key qualifications and competencies:
- A minimum of 3 years experience working in accounting in public practice environment
- A minimum of 3 years strong knowledge of QuickBooks, Xero and other accounting tools.
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Office Suite
- Exceptional communication skills both written and oral
- Outstanding organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
Additional benefits: bonus depending upon the performance
Anticipated start date: ASAP
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$24.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Have you ever handled a team. If yes, what was the maximum size of the team?
- Are you are already working for other companies/business. If yes, we recommend, please do not apply.
- What is your current availability - please tell with specific days & time slots?
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- QuickBooks: 3 years (required)
- bookkeeping: 3 years (required)