Graphic Design Intern – Good Things Ltd
Good Things Ltd as part of SDI Marketing delivers services designed to help solve our clients’ toughest business issues specific to promotional merchandise and event management tools. Our unique combination of resources include: financial loyalty, sports marketing services, brand awareness, and communication strategies. SDI is recognized as one of the largest sources of integrated marketing solutions services in North America. Good Things Ltd is recognized as a premier boutique promotional marketing company that delivers uniquely curated products that fit the customer’s needs in a timely fashion.
Good Things Employee Value Proposition
For people who believe they can do the impossible, Good Things and SDI offers a place to grow as a whole person. Your dream is as important as ours and together we make them all come true. It is our vision to be the agency of the future, have loads of fun and make some lifelong friends along the way.
Good Things Purpose
We believe in delivering happiness in every customer interaction
Good Things Vision
To serve our customers tangibly better, building lasting relationships with branded merchandise
You’re passionate about helping people find solutions, and you are in the beginning of marketing career. You’re eager to gain more experience to add into your graphic design work and learning how to leverage different tools and strategies to deliver creative messages that resonate with targeted customers. You have a basic understanding of graphic design and using various digital tools and creative processes. A proven team player, your excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills allow you to work effectively with both your team as well as various personalities across the organization. Your uncanny ability to keep organized allows you to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced setting with ease and finesse. You demonstrate a high level of confidentiality which builds trust in those that you work with.
The graphic design Intern will be responsible for providing support to our sales team on basic creative tools, support our social Linkedin program, learn and use various tools from our experienced creative graphic team on the SDI side, learn the needs of our industry and how we market to B2B clients, support in our planning of targeted clients and verticals and be a part of or collaboratives Good Things team. The graphic design Intern will work closely with the VP Sales to manage priorities and be supported on projects strategies requirements to help us win new customers.. This position reports to the VP Sales.
- Support our sales team in building flyers and creative design tools needed.
- Work with Tier A and B clients and supporting their objectives and promotional merchandise needs
- Learn and build a portfolio of quality sourced documents and items for use in your graphic design requirements
- Respond to adhoc requirements that come in from time to time
- Be part of our weekly general and sales team meetings
- Support creation of new tools and lookbooks as needed
- Collaborate with sales and operations teams to understand our business goals and strategies
- Other administrative duties as required.
- Basic understanding of creative design and tools like canva and others that support creation of marketing tools needed
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- High degree of confidentiality, maturity, ethics, and professionalism;
- Strong problem-solving, organizational, time management & client service skills;
- Quick learner, detail oriented with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality;
- Ability to work accurately and calmly under tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities effectively;
- Ability to work independently within a fast-paced team environment;
- Flexibility with work hours for any special projects or deadlines that arise
- Post-Secondary Degree, Diploma, and pursuing marketing and graphic design diploma
- Previous experience using various design tools and an understanding of creative design principles an asset
- Previous experience working with a marketing agency an asset
- Ability to provide a clean criminal record check
Good Things Ltd is committed to equity in its policies, practices, and programs, supports diversity in its teaching, learning and work environments, and ensures that applications for members of underrepresented groups are sincerely considered under its employment equity policy. All qualified individuals who would contribute to the further diversification of the SDI community are encouraged to apply.
Good Things Ltd is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all those who submit applications; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, recruitment agencies or email inquiries, please. SDI Mktg is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.