Hong Fook Mental Health Association is a community-based organization serving the Greater Toronto Area. We provide leadership in promoting the mental health of people in the Cambodian, Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese communities. The Association helps people keep mentally healthy and manage mental illness. We achieve our mission through service, education, advocacy and research in a supportive environment.
Our service framework is based on a Whole Person, and is built on the core values of Equity, Diversity, Cultural Competence, Empowerment, Capacity Building, Community Participation, Self Help and Mutual Support.
Two available Positions: Mental Health Worker – Mandarin & Cantonese
(Part time 0.6 FTE, 12 months contract) & (Full time 1.0 FTE, 12 months contract)
We are seeking two Mental Health Workers who enjoys working in a team environment serving clients with severe and persistent mental illness from the Mandarin and Cantonese-speaking communities.
Major Job Responsibilities:
· Support clients’ recovery through the provision of intensive case management services including: client-centred assessments, treatment, rehabilitation and support services; and working with families to promote mutual support, capacity building and empowerment.
· Perform central intake functions including screening calls and other forms of referrals and determines whether the client meets eligibility criteria; performing assessments on the need for services and facilitates access to the appropriate interventions.
· Facilitate linkages between clients and community resources and collaborating with appropriate service providers or community organizations.
· Identify issues and provide advice, consultation, support and information to consumers, their families, service providers and the community on mental health and related matters.
· Address barriers that impact on the Chinese communities’ ability to access mental health services.
· Participate in providing education to community service providers and other stakeholders regarding culturally responsive service.
· Maintain effective and timely documentation of client records.
· Two positions available: Part-time 12-month contract, working 22.5 hours per week (0.6 FTE), Full-time 12 month-contract contract, working 37.5 hours per week (1.0 FTE)
· Office work and community settings, which include meetings at clients’ homes and travel with clients
· Flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends
Skills & Qualifications:
· Social Work degree or equivalent.
· Current registration with OCSWSSW or is eligible for the OCSWSSW membership.
· At least 2 years of case management experience and/or front-line experience with vulnerable populations.
· Sound clinical skills, including assessment, intervention, advocacy, psycho-education, supportive counseling, and life skills coaching.
· Sound group work and community work skills.
· An understanding of the psychosocial rehabilitation model.
· Knowledge of mental illness, medications and ability to assist clients with symptom management.
· Knowledge of community resources and systems.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Professionalism and strong team player.
· Demonstrated organizational and problem solving skills.
· Proficiency in English, Mandarin and Cantonese is a must.
· Competence in relevant computer applications particularly Microsoft Office.
· A valid Canadian driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle is a must.
· Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural setting.
· A satisfactory result of Vulnerable Sector Police Record Check is a requirement of this position.
We are an inclusive employer. Hong Fook welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If contacted for an interview, please let us know if you have any needs.
We thank all candidates for your interest; however, only those
candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
No telephone calls please.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
- case management: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- English (Required)
- Cantonese and Mandarin (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19