Monday to Friday 8:00am-4:30pm
Detour Coffee Roasters is seeking an energetic team-player to join our production team!
The Production Assistant is responsible for supporting the packaging needs of the coffee roastery in Hamilton, ON. The primary duties include labeling, stamping and packing coffee. The Production Assistant performs various other duties as required.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Package products based on production schedule
- Ensure quality standards of products
- Maintain a clean and organized workstation
- Monitor packaging material stock levels and notify Production Manager of stock levels to avoid shortages
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly cleaning duties as laid out in maintenance schedule
- Assist in other areas of roastery including shipping and receiving as required
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous experience in packaging an asset
- Previous experience in food handling and/or food processing an asset
- Excellent time management skills with a strong ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to lift or carry 30-50lbs; and stand, bend, crouch, twist and sit for extended periods of time
Detour Coffee Roasters is committed to fostering a workplace culture of inclusion and ensuring a safe and welcoming workplace environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.
Detour Coffee Roasters invites and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including those who may contribute to the further diversification of our team.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.50 /hour
- Food Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Packaging: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)