The Office to Advance Women Apprentices - NL (OAWA) works with tradeswomen in Newfoundland and Labrador to assist them with advancing through their apprenticeship in skilled trades.
OAWA has an opening for an Engagement and Events Coordinator to work with our team at 89 McNamara Drive, Paradise, NL.
Engagement and Events Coordinator
The individual in this position will coordinate and facilitate skilled trades conferences, assist with leadership workshops, training sessions and networking and information sessions throughout Newfoundland and Labrador to enhance knowledge of skilled trades as a career option for women. This position requires research and development of promotional materials for print and video production. It also entails assisting current OAWA clientele with inquiries about career services, employment barriers, preforming follow-up surveys, data collection, client outreach and other duties as required to assist with carrying out OAWA’s mandate and daily office operations.
Education in the areas of Business, Marketing and/or Program Development or other related fields.
Candidates will possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Extensive experience in program development and facilitating educational information sessions
- Experience in developing promotional materials and marketing for a professional environment
- Experience coordinating video production and still photography for advertising purposes
- Experience in event and conference planning
- Strong outreach and networking skills
- Experience with report preparation and program budgeting
- Strong computer skills - knowledge of ARMS system (or online databases) and MS Office
- An understanding of barriers and challenges facing women in under-represented fields
- An understanding of a client services-based work environment
- An understanding of client confidentiality and privacy laws
- Knowledge of the apprenticeship system with NL and Canadian Red Seal Program (asset)
The successful candidate will be creative but also possess strong organizational, communication and facilitation skills – and must be able to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
This position requires extensive travel within Newfoundland and Labrador and requires a vehicle for business use.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Closing Date: Wednesday, June 28, 2019
Duration of employment: 20-months (contractual)
Job Type: Full-time