PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POSTING CAREFULLY BEFORE APPLYING. Applicants who do not meet the criteria and who do not submit the requested mandatory application documents listed in section 5 below (“How to Apply”) will NOT be considered.
1. About DocDoctor
DocDoctor is a professional writing service based out of Ottawa (Canada’s capital city). Since April 2015, we have been serving hundreds of everyday and high-profile clients annually from across Ontario, across Canada, and from around the world with Professional Resume Writing Services and other document drafting/ content editing services. These clients have trusted DocDoctor with the advancement of important career and personal objectives. Therefore, it is of utmost importance to us to uphold the highest levels of quality, discretion, and professionalism in maintaining our deepest commitment possible to their achievements.
More information about DocDoctor can be found at www.DocDoctor.ca
2. Job Description
Reporting to the DocDoctor Editor-in-Chief and/ or CEO, the Administrative Assistant will work from home/ remotely on a part-time basis. The ideal candidate should be easy to work with, open to learning through research and guidance, versatile, resourceful, creative, and energetic. A passion for providing timely, accurate, and complete information, communications products, and assistance is essential. A personal interest in writing, editing, and providing high-quality client services is a must. This is a friendly, collaborative position, with advice always just an e-mail, text, or phone call away, and a position where the successful candidate will also develop core competencies in financial administration, business development, sales, writing, editing, and client services.
This position includes, but is not limited to, the following core tasks:
· Providing virtual office administration support, including answering phone calls, replying to e-mails, and relaying inter-corporate communications;
· Liaising with new and existing clients to book orders for professional writing services;
· Preparing invoices, performing basic bookkeeping transactions (online), and completing basic financial administration tasks;
· Assisting writers and editors in the completion of client files, revisions, and special projects;
· Developing creative website, social media, and advertising/ marketing content;
· Assisting with the triage and workflow of the Editor-in-Chief as an Executive Assistant;
· Other duties and special projects as assigned.
· Experience: previous administrative experience in a customer-facing or customer relations role is required. Previous experience in writing, editing, communications, or public relations roles or academic programs is an asset. Please provide specific examples of your experience in your application.
· Education: a college or university degree is preferred, however, current students with a strong academic background and willingness to learn and who are currently completing their studies may also be considered. Please clearly state your education level in your application.
· Languages: this position requires a strong command of the English language and native English proficiency. The ability to communicate in French is not required, however, bilingualism is a strong asset. Please describe your language proficiency in your application.
· Location: as this is a work-from-home/ remote opportunity, there is no specific municipa; geographic restriction. Candidates in the Greater Ottawa Area are preferred, however, candidates from across Ontario will be considered. Please clearly state in your application what city you are currently based in and would be working from.
· Technical Aptitudes: graphic design, website building/ construction, digital marketing/ advertising, accounting/ bookkeeping, and SEO experience are not required, however, are considered strong assets. Please clearly state in your application if you have any technical aptitudes suitable to this role, including any special software or programs you have used.
· Additional Assets: natural eloquence and the ability to write and communicate by producing powerful, compelling texts; an exceptional grasp of grammar, spelling, and syntax; an understanding of writing conventions; an ability to adapt tone to suit a variety of audiences.
· Availability: the successful candidate must be regularly available by e-mail/ phone and able to respond to time-sensitive inquiries and requests in a prompt manner. Business hours are 9:30am-5:30pm, Monday to Friday, however our team often responds to inquiries after hours in a timely manner, including over weekends. Checking and responding to e-mails on an hourly basis is a basic expectation during scheduled shifts.
· Additional Requirements: the successful candidate must be highly organized, possess courteous professionalism skills in order to provide outstanding customer service by e-mail, and have basic proficiency with e-mail writing and the use of Microsoft Office. Access to a computer, smartphone, and reliable internet/ data connection/ phone plan are also required.
4. Wages & Hours of Work
No in-person “office hours” are required, particularly in light of the current COVID-19 pandemic. The successful candidate will work from home/ remotely on a part-time basis at a rate of $20.00 per hour. Hours can vary from 15-40 hours per week, depending on the volume of business and time period.
This position is ideal for individuals looking for additional employment (i.e. “side” work) to supplement the successful candidate’s other income sources, or for a role where core competencies can be developed while earning above-minimum-wage remuneration.
Applications from students, recent graduates, and young professionals are recommended and encouraged, in addition to applications from any other individuals looking to enhance the quality of our document production services.
5. How to Apply
Please submit a Resume and 1 Pg. Cover Letter that clearly outlines your suitability for this role through Indeed in order to Apply. Your Resume and Cover Letter should be tailored and personalized to this particular job application, and showcase your current abilities to work for an organization that produces these documents. Generic or “copy and paste” documents will not be considered. Applications without the required Resume AND Cover Letter will not be considered.
Candidates selected for consideration will be contacted via Indeed to arrange an initial interview by phone and/ or Zoom.
DocDoctor is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing skilled and diverse employees who are reflective of Canadian society. We hire based on merit by ensuring full participation of all selected candidates, and also welcome and encourage applications from individuals with disabilities as well as individuals from groups that are traditionally underrepresented or have additional barriers to the labour market, including: Indigenous individuals, candidates still in school, visible minorities/ racialized individuals, LGBTQ2 individuals, women in STEM, individuals in rural settings. Accommodations are available, upon request, for interested candidates taking part in all aspects of the job selection process.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $20.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability