ABC Insurance Solutions is in-sourcing their Software development. In 2002 We created a web-based quote and administration platform servicing Group Benefits Brokers and Administrators. Over the years the software continued to develop and expand.
Our initial objective is migrating our existing code to .NET forming a singular Microsoft based application. Much of the processes will remain the same keeping close to the existing structure and source code as possible, while applying designs to accommodate the future.
Once our main project is completed, we will be moving into new projects centered on the insurance industry growing our software division. These projects will include stand alone applications for insurance professionals, as well to exchange information within the insurance industry.
Your days will be filled with designing and developing production grade code that is of high quality with tests to support it, as well as providing design insight.
You will be responsible for not only the development of features but will also have an active hand in defining one of a kind software for our industry.
- Understand Existing code to migrate into .NET
- Design and develop production grade back-end code.
- Write code in multiple languages
- Learning new languages and technologies to expand your toolset.
- Unit test your code and ensure your code is readable and easy to maintain.
- Provide guidance architecturally and technologically based on the overall requirements of the system.
- Provide recommendations with supporting evidence for technology and architectural solutions.
- Apply design principles at a class level while considering the overall system architecture and how everything will fit together.
- C# with experience in web application development
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms and problem solving
- SQL technologies
- Experience with unit testing frameworks
- Excellent communication both verbal and written
- BSc Computer Science or similar technical degree
- Experience with domain driven design
- Knowledge in Postgres and PERL
- Prior experience with event sourcing and event driven architectures
- Microservice-architecture experience
- Langley B.C.
Job Type: Full Time
- C#: 2 years (Preferred)
- SQL 2 years
- English (Required)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $21.00 /hour
- Computer Programming: 2 years (Required)
- software development: 2 years (Required)