We are looking for enthusiastic, hardworking, fashion loving people who enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. The Bigley Shoes and Clothing team is passionate and diverse and always has one goal in mind – PROVIDING AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE! We want to create long lasting relationships with our customers and employees! If you love shoes and fashion… this is the job for you!
Job Type / Category
- Proactively engages with customers, reads cues and responds effectively
- Moves with intention, connects with multiple customers and encourages them to try on product
- Uses confident selling statements and is effective at overcoming customer objections
- Preparing for each shift by maintaining awareness of all sales, promotions and applicable cash procedures
- Taking initiative to recover and replenish merchandise, so it is available to sell
- Supporting all activities related to providing a safe working environment
- Understanding and demonstrating Bigley's Shoes and Clothing company values
- Learning the techniques to fit a customer properly using the Brannock
- Learning all the shoe and clothing brands in the store to become an expertise in the brands we carry.
- Using ladders and going up and down stairs daily to get stock for customers
- Able to stand on your feet for 8 hours a day in a fast pace environment
- Moving stock around daily as per your manager to maintain the store’s cleanliness.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Exhibits an authentic desire to exceed the customer’s expectations
- Demonstrates empathy and sensitivity
- Persuasive, builds enthusiasm and inspires the customer to buy
- Have a genuine interest in shoes.
- Has a healthy, competitive spirit, while maintaining a team focus
- Is resilient and bounces back quickly from setbacks
- Pursues opportunities to take on more responsibility
- Seeks out coaching from leaders and peers to improve productivity; leads own learning
- Schedule flexibility that includes evenings, weekends, holidays, and non-business hours
Bigley Shoes & Clothinghas been a family run business since 1911! We feature one of the largest selections of shoes (over 40,000 pairs) in Eastern Ontario for men, women, and children - but we are much more! You will find hundreds of brand names in clothing & footwear for both men and women, bathing suits, jewelry and accessories. We carry over 25,000 fabulous swimsuits in our amazing Beach House. In 2013 we opened Bigley's Cottage Kitchen and in 2018 we opened Bigley's Sweet Treats.
Enjoy Big City Fashion in a Cottage Country Atmosphere.
A lot of things change over 100 years, but one thing has remained the same, and that is our location next to the locks in Bobcaygeon, and our guarantee to give value, selection, and satisfaction.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Internship
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Retail: 1 year (Required)
- customer service: 1 year (Required)