Access Control Screener, Protection Services
Temporary Part Time (up to 3 months)
The Access Control Screeners will greet employees, patients and visitors to the respective site while carrying out
infection control screening, including recording screening results and entering and/or verifying information
and/or identity about staff, caregivers or visitors prior to allowing entry. The Screener will be familiar with the
operations (programs and services) of the hospital sites to which they are deployed.
- Follow and complete screening for employees, patients and caregivers/visitors and any permitted others
at designated points of entry throughout the hospital site(s). Communicate key messages and reasoning
for screening and basis for refusal of entry as needed.
- Collect, track and report data pertaining to employee, visitor, caregiver, or patient or other (e.g.
contractor) as needed and usie the electronic tools provided.
- Verify eligibility for entrance (photo ID and/or appointment slip, as appropriate)
- Inform all persons entering the Hospital of proper precautionary measures (e.g. physical distancing,
hand sanitizing) and wear the appropriate protective equipment (e.g wristband, mask) as required
- Provide general customer service by responding to inquires related to the screening process and/or
escalating risk and/or clinical issues to patient relations as required
- Support patient/caregiver expediting as required by determining who has prescreened (if applicable),
whose frailty/condition requires expediting screening and/or who should be given further specific
instructions (e.g. exiting through a different door)
- Provide direction to patients/families as required and not limited to maintaining physical distancing,
arranging for prompt pick up by drivers, recording phone numbers and/or accessing available
telephones, arranging for patient transportation via Portering Team
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Successful completion of Grade 12 or equivalent.
- 3 months experience working directly with the public (e.g. customer service, patient relations)
- Work in a Health Care environment or customer service/patient relations experience as asset
- French/English bilingual preferred
Located in Kingston, Providence Care is Southeastern Ontario’s leading provider of aging, mental health and
rehabilitative care. Continuing the legacy of our Founders, the Sisters of Providence of St. Vincent de Paul,
Providence Care provides care and services at Providence Care Hospital, Providence Transitional Care Centre,
Providence Manor Long-Term Care home and community locations across Southeastern Ontario.
Providence Care is Fully-affiliated with Queen’s University and St. Lawrence College; Providence Care is a centre
for health care, education and research, and a member of the Council of Academic Hospitals of Ontario.
To apply for this position please email your Covering Letter and Resume quoting reference number in subject
line to email@example.com
To learn more about Providence Care and other opportunities please visit:
We are committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices – Please notify the above if you require an accommodation to fully
participate in the hiring process or require recruitment documents in French.