MARANT Construction Limited is seeking to expand its strong team through the addition of an intermediate level Site Superintendent to join our Ottawa crew. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the commercial interiors construction industry with an emphasis on corporate renovations, tenant- fit-outs and leasehold improvements. The successful candidate will also have 2-3 years’ experience in a Site Superintendent position.
Reporting directly to the Regional Director of Operations, the Site Supervisor is responsible for all aspects of managing construction related operations and activities that take place on the work site with a view of ensuring high standards of safety, workmanship, timeliness, cost-effectiveness, and efficiency.
The Site Supervisor represents MARANT on client sites.
The Site Supervisor is responsible for the safety of all on-site construction workers and other individuals and the enforcement of all required safety and work regulation policies.
All work crews, and individuals, on-site take direction from the Site Supervisor, who is responsible for planning, resolving challenges and assigning required work and applying resources to accomplish that work.
Overall responsibility for efficient scheduling and use of labor, equipment, and materials, and will report on such things as personnel, costs, and safety.
Education and Training:
- College diploma or equivalent experience in a construction related field
- Journeyman or equivalent qualifications
- Completion and maintenance of required Ministry of Labour certificates and training including WHIMS, Fall Arrest, Supervisor and others as required
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, field drawings, and plans
- Knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances, and legislation
- Possess a valid drivers license
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft computer software (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.) and email
- Strong planning, problem-solving, decision making and leadership skills
- Effectiveness in the areas of construction safety and productivity
- A good understanding of all construction trades and construction techniques
- Co-ordinate and manage a schedule with multi variants
- Work under pressure and with tight time frames
- Able to consistently meet and enforce all requirements for a safe workplace environment and to able to identify safety issues and correct them in an expedient manner
- Please provide salary expectations in your cover letter.
- Submissions for this position will close on Friday, June 21, 2019, 3:00 pm EST.
Job Type: Full-time
- Site Superintendent: 2 years (Required)
- Commercial Interiors: 5 years (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)
- Ottawa, ON (Required)
- Class G Drivers License (Required)
- English (Required)