A credit union is a member-owned financial cooperative, controlled by its members and operated on the principle of people helping people, providing its members credit at competitive rates as well as other financial services. We are an organization who takes pride in our communities and sees the benefits of giving back through grants, scholarships and funding. Our employees are an integral part of our success and we take care to ensure that we provide them with the benefits and resources that they may need.
This permanent, full-time position is located in our Wainwright Branch.
Reporting to the VP Credit and Director of Lending, the Business Account Manager develops and maintains a commercial, agriculture and personal loan portfolio, developing long term relationships with members. This position has been identified as having tremendous growth potential for the right individual. Primary responsibilities include interviewing members and potential members; gathering and analyzing information needed to make informed decisions within designated lending limits.
You will be expected to:
- Attract and maintain business to strengthen and grow the Commercial and Agriculture book of business;
- Actively solicit new business opportunities through personal contact, cold calling, report analysis and follow up on referrals from other staff;
- Identify opportunities through diligent, timely and proactive financial reviews;
- Build relationships with existing members and network with external business organizations;
- Represent Encompass Credit Union in a professional manner at business functions and meetings;
- Portray a good sense of teamwork, willingness to assist others, and establish team relationships with other staff members in the organization;
- Keep up with new technologies, applications, mobile lending initiatives and willingly participate in continuing education and ongoing learning; and
- Accept the assignment of an existing portfolio mix and any individual Commercial or Agricultural accounts as deemed appropriate by your supervisor.
Our desired candidate has:
- Sound working knowledge and solid analytical skills in the areas of financial statements and business plans;
- Strong business sense and a demonstrated ability to initiate action to achieve results and meet deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills with an aptitude for relationship and team building;
- Confidence to work both independently and as an active member of the Wainwright Branch and Business Lending team;
- Strong commitment to member service; and
- The ability to work in a challenging, changing and progressive environment.
Proven agricultural, commercial and consumer lending experience of 5 years or more with a conventional financial lending institution is preferred.
- Competitive salaries commensurate with qualifications and experience;
- A Comprehensive benefits package including employer paid Health, Dental, Health Care Spending Account, Employee & Family Assistance Program, and telehealth;
- A matched pension program;
- A variable base pay program;
- Yearly educational allowance for on-going professional development;
- Paid vacation and personal days upon hire;
- Employee loan and investment benefits; and
- Opportunity to advance within the organization.
Closing date: until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest and will contact those selected for pre-employment assessments and interviews.
Learn more about Encompass Credit Union: www.encompasscu.ca
Learn more about Wainwright: http://wainwright.ca
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- banking or financial: 5 years (Required)
- account management: 5 years (Required)
- agricultural: 5 years (Required)