Human Resources Assistant
A career with Prestige Hotels & Resorts opens up exciting new career and personal growth opportunities. Our brand continues to be an innovative, forward-thinking leader in hospitality. Currently, Prestige Hotels & Resorts operates 15 properties and affiliated businesses. As a family-owned chain, our vision is to be widely recognized for operating the best hotels, resorts, and restaurants in the province.
We continue to develop a culture that provides a motivating and rewarding environment in which employees and the business can thrive. Our HR Assistant is a key support role to each hotel and the corporate office. This is a full-time position based out of Prestige’s corporate office in downtown Kelowna.
Scope of Responsibility
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the Human Resources Assistant is a coordinator role for recruitment, benefits, WorkSafe and general employee relations.
The Human Resources Assistant also assists in the development and implementation of Human Resource and special operation initiatives. This role will consist of, but not be limited to, the following duties:
- Create seasonal recruitment plan for properties
- Job Postings (developing standards, ensuring consistency, marketing Prestige to potential employees, auditing job postings)
- Relationship development with post-secondary institutions, community employment organizations, and recruitment firms
- Attendance at job fairs when appropriate
- Reference check support
- Proactive support for properties
- Research / ongoing searching for sources of employees
Foreign Worker Program
- Support for
- LMIA applications
- Working Holiday Visa’s
- Student Working Visa’s
- PNP applications
- Ensuring compliance for each of these programs
- Recommending new programs as they become available
- Ensure properties are compliant with Worksafe requirements
- Support properties with Worksafe claims
- Ongoing updates to General Managers / executive team with updates
- Ensure training tools and resources are available to ensure compliance is met
- Employment letters for properties as requested
- Maintain job descriptions for policy manuals
- Provide information on community services to employees as requested
- Medical benefits coordination – enrollments; terminations; field employee questions;
- Funding Grants – research and applications
- Familiar with employment standards act and provide ongoing updates to executive team
- Certificate, diploma or degree in Human Resource Management or Business Administration and/or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Experience in a relevant position.
Skills and Knowledge
- Understanding of HR practices and concepts
- Strong administrative skills
- Experience with worker immigration programs is an asset
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks in a very busy environment
- Flexible to meet constantly changing demands of the workplace
- Excellent organizational skills with previous experience in handling confidential issues
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- Proficient in using MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Full-time position with full benefits, including medical and dental
- Competitive pay structure based on experience
- Employee hotel room pricing at any Prestige Hotel or Resort
- RRSP contributions upon enrollment
We thank all applicants in advance. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time