As part of the Learning Team, you will work to coordinate day to day operations with a specific focus on the growth and operation of the IOG day courses and custom courses for public servants.
In this role you will:
- Coordinate the operational delivery of IOG day courses, webinars and ad-hoc custom courses;
- Discuss custom needs with clients, prepare proposals, follow-ups and make sales decisions with regards to custom requests for IOG learning products;
- Resolve day to day issues and with clients, facilitators and course operations;
- Create and update the Learning Center calendar, including coordination of learning resources, facilitators and materials;
- Act as a relationship manager and engage external stakeholders;
- Demonstrate leadership qualities by coordinating day to day operations with a small team.
For this role you must:
- Have a Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in a related field, or relevant experience in program coordination, service delivery, or adult learning;
- Have strong organization skills in managing program delivery logistics and finding quick solutions to operational problems;
- Have demonstrated strong relationship management skills with clients and stakeholders;
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills in English, knowledge of the French language is an asset;
- Be tech savvy, and know your way around the Microsoft Office Suite, Google Workspace, and Zoom;
- Be innovative and take initiative;
- Have great attention to detail.
You’d be great for this role if you have:
- Experience in the management of training delivery;
- Knowledge in Adult Learning principles or Instructional Design;
- Knowledge and experience in working with live on-line learning;
- Knowledge of content development and best practices for Learning Programs;
- Interested in managing client-service oriented relationships.
This is a Permanent Role with Benefits.
What we offer:
- Starting at three (3) weeks annual vacation;
- A Mobile Device & Home Office Equipment Allowance;
- A Comprehensive Health Benefits Plan;
- A hybrid work environment;
- Free participation in all IOG learning programs;
- A collaborative and respectful team environment;
- The chance to grow and advance in your career and contribute to stronger public governance in Canada.
Salary: $55,000 – $70,000 per annum
Deadline to Apply: September 29, 2023
About the IOG
Founded in 1990, the Institute on Governance (IOG) is an independent, Canada-based, not-for-profit public interest institution with its head office in Ottawa. Our mission is ‘advancing better governance in the public interest,’ which we accomplish by exploring, developing and promoting the principles, standards and practices which underlie good governance in the public sphere, both in Canada and abroad.
The IOG’s vision is to be the pre-eminent, independent Canadian source of knowledge, research and advice on governance and its continuous improvement.
The IOG works with a wide range of clients and partners, including governments, communities, business, the not for profit sector and other public purpose organizations to assess their governance and to develop programs for improvement. While much of our activity takes place in our home base in Canada, we also work with international partners and governments.
We are equal opportunity employer and are committed to the principles of Employment Equity. We encourage applications from qualified applicants of all genders, including visible minorities, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- OTTAWA, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in OTTAWA, ON
Application deadline: 2023-09-29