25-2020 Posted: June 17, 2020
Duties • Reporting to the Supervisor of Fleet, the Maintenance Worker performs duties related to
the maintenance and operation of transit vehicles and garage facilities.
- Washes and cleans buses (exterior and interior).
- Cleans and maintains Transit Office, Transit Garage interior and exterior premises.
- Performs routine maintenance on transit vehicles including: checking fuel/fluid levels,
refuelling, light checks and replacements.
- Conducts visual engine checks, record and report any leaks or defects found.
- Transports empty buses in event of accident or breakdown.
- Receives and records messages for Transit Division.
- Assists mechanic as required.
- Provides snow removal/clearing duties.
- Assists in maintaining a safe work environment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications • Secondary School Diploma.
- Demonstrated related professional experience.
- Valid Driver’s License (DZ).
- Ability to work independently and according to designated shifts.
Department/Division Infrastructure & Development Services/Transit
Reporting to Supervisor of Fleet
Hourly Rate $25.91
Closing Date/Time Wednesday July 8, 2020 @ 4:30 pm
To apply for this position:
- Please submit a resume, clearly outlining your qualifications and experience, and quoting the job posting
- Applications can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not submit duplicates.
- Please include the Job Posting Number in the message subject line. Attachments should be in Microsoft
Word or PDF format.
Accommodations are available for people with disabilities for all aspects of the recruitment process.
Applicants should make their needs known in advance.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information collected in response to this advertisement is collected under the authority of the Municipal
Act, 2001 to determine eligibility for employment with the City of Stratford. Please direct inquiries to the Human
Resources Department at 519-271-0250 x 274.