Position: Full Time Inventory Coordinator (Edmonton, Alberta)
Reporting to: Plant Manager
Shift Schedule: To be Confirmed. Work schedule may involve unusual hours to allow for work processes to be completed when production processes are not operational.
Primary Function Summary: This position is an important role in ensuring the timely and cost effective supply of imported units for our assembly operations. In this individual contributor role, you will be responsible for closely tracking and monitoring daily movement of raw materials and inventory within our perpetual inventory environment in order to maintain the accuracy and integrity of our ERP systems. Your technical skills, combined with solid materials and supply chain knowledge will be essential to ensure that daily processes are completed in both a timely and accurate manner. Your ability to collaborating and communicate with peers will be the key to highlighting and resolving potential issues and contribute to supporting Tempur Sealy Canada’s positive, dynamic work environment.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- On a daily basis, maintains and controls accurate inventory levels, by tracking the changes in perpetual inventory of all raw materials and ensuring that all changes are correct in the Dynamics ERP system.
- Performing physical spot-checks and inventory counts on a daily basis. Assists with physical inventory counts on a quarterly basis and any required adjustments to perpetual inventory records.
- Research, highlight and investigate discrepancies in inventory levels, informing appropriate people and ensuring that adjustments are made in accordance with established policies and processes.
- Lead training for inventory counters on daily procedures and expectations.
- Calculates scrap percentages and their impact on raw materials inventory
- Tracks and ensures accurate recording of all material substitutions made during production processes
- Completes cost of goods sold (COGS) analysis and investigates inventory variances.
Your work background will include:
- Education: College diploma in Business or related discipline. A university degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management or Business Administration is preferred;
- 3-5 years’ experience in inventory control, supply chain or materials management experience in a just-in-time manufacturing operation
- Demonstrates an understanding of purchasing cycles and promotional plans, including their impact on daily raw materials inventories
- Strong computer skills particularly with Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Prior systems exposure working in an MRP/ERP environment required -- exposure to Microsoft Dynamics is a strong asset
- A high detail orientation and strong time management skills;
- Effective communication, both written, and verbal.
Tempur Sealy will provide you with a competitive compensation package depending on experience, including salary and company-assisted benefits.
Tempur Sealy is committed to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise Tempur Sealy about your accessibility needs to ensure you are accommodated. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Vision Care
- Inventory Management: 1 year (Preferred)