Who We Are
Fasken is a leading international business law and litigation firm, and was recently voted one of Canada’s Best Employers for 2023. Our firm’s 900 lawyers are located across offices in Vancouver, Surrey, Calgary, Toronto, Ottawa, Montréal, Québec City, London and Johannesburg. Providing strategic and thoughtful advice in all areas of business law, our broad range of clients include close to half of the Fortune 100 companies, as well as corporate clients, government agencies, regulatory authorities, non-profit bodies and individuals. Our clients interests are paramount in all that we do and we take pride in supporting our communities. We are a place where bright, talented, and collegial people want to work together and we work hard together to achieve our goals in a collaborative and efficient way.
A Day In The Life
The successful candidate will act in a support role across various practice groups in our Vancouver office. The ideal candidate will possess a strong work ethic, be collaborative, professional, adaptable and is someone who cares about the quality of their work.
This is a full-time on site position and occasional pre-authorized overtime may be required to meet client needs. This role reports to the Manager of Legal Support Services.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Open files and conduct conflict searches
- Create routine documents
- Coordinate large scan, print or copy jobs
- Submit expenses
- Prepare cheque requests and courier packages
- Assist with preparation of closing books
- Provide overflow support of administrative tasks
- Other duties as required
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Completion of a post-secondary Legal Assistant or Paralegal course
- Preference for an applicant with co-op, internship, or previous work experience in a law firm environment
- New graduates are encouraged to apply with a recognized certification
- In-depth understanding of business and legal terminology
- Superior computer and typing skills; proficiency in MS Office 365, Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe Pro, digital dictation, iManage DMS, etc.
Why Work With Us
Fasken is dedicated to rewarding your contributions and encouraging your professional development. We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, together with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our benefits include:
- A health and wellness subsidy
- An annual education & tuition reimbursement
- Flexible medical and dental benefits (effective from day 1)
- Short term and long term disability insurance
- Personal days
- Employee & family assistance program
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Group retirement savings plan with matching contributions
- Monetary incentive for employee referrals
- Flexible working arrangements
- Opportunities to give back to your community through firm initiatives
- An engaging firm culture that celebrates our hardworking and dedicated people
Diversity and Inclusion
At Fasken we believe a diverse workplace comprises individuals with unique backgrounds, characteristics and qualities. An inclusive workplace creates an equitable environment where individuals are respected and where they are welcome. Fasken is committed to diversity and inclusion in all that we do.
Accessibility and Accommodation
It is important to our Firm that all its members, including those with disabilities, find our workplace to be welcoming and supportive. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Background and Reference Checks
Any offer of employment may be conditional upon full background checks including a criminal record check, a credit check, employment and educational verification.
We appreciate hearing from all qualified candidates, however, only those applicants whose background and experience match our requirements will be contacted. You can submit your application via our Careers page.