The Saskatoon Downtown Youth Centre Inc./EGADZ requires a Receptionist interested in a Full Time position within EGADZ.
EGADZ is an inter-agency, non-profit organization whose purpose is to provide services for hard to serve youth in Saskatoon with the mission to encourage and support them to make choices that improve their quality of life.
The job of a Receptionist involves managing visitors, telephone messages and calls in professional and efficient manner. In addition to this, the receptionist will perform various clerical duties which support in the presentation and operation of a professional organization. The receptionist is responsible to assist visitors and staff in smooth and efficient manner, to adhere to all protocols in line with an organization goals, strategy, and values.
- Answering telephone, direct, screen calls, taking and relaying messages
- Providing information to callers, greeting persons entering organization and directing individuals to correct destination
- Dealing with queries or requests from the staff and public
- Providing general clerical and administrative support to all levels of staff
- Preparing letters and documents, receiving and sorting out mail, email and deliveries
- Ensuring that common areas are equipped with required office supplies as appropriate
- Monitoring the use of office equipment and supply levels
- Assist with fundraising duties as required
- Perform other related duties as required
Education and Qualifications
- Post-secondary education in Office Administration or equivalent experience
- Demonstrate and practice a healthy lifestyle
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with youth, staff and partnering agencies and maintain strict confidentiality and appropriate boundaries
- Ability to express ideas and concepts effectively in an oral and written form
- Working knowledge of computers (Windows)
- Knowledge of Indigenous cultures and issues
- Must have a valid driver's license which reflects a safe driving record - a Driver's Abstract is required.
- Criminal Record Check
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $18.26 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Secondary School (preferred)
- reception: 1 year (preferred)