Working at Agropur means being a member of an extended family where simplicity and honesty are part of everyday life, and where the management style is based on integrity, openness and autonomy. You too can join the Agropur family!
The Machine Operator is a key front-line Leadership position and is responsible for the overall safe and efficient operation of the line on a given shift. More specifically, the primary responsibility of this position, in addition to ensuring the Safety and Quality priorities are met, is to provide leadership to the line staff with a goal of meeting the productivity expectations, while continuously improving the operation of the line. This position has total responsibility for the assigned line from raw material introduction to finished case completion.
There is a three-month probation period with this position.
Duties within this responsibility include and are not limited to:
- monitoring the line, it’s raw materials and the finished products to ensure they meet the expected standards
- provide communication, guidance and coaching to the line Associates
- operation and troubleshooting of the machinery and equipment
- accurately completing HACCP, quality and line performance documentation
- ensuring efficient and timely start-ups and changeovers
- training, support and guidance to other Machine Operators and team members
- communication of opportunities that affect the line performance as appropriate
The successful candidate will be cross trained on different Production Lines, different positions and must demonstrate a desire for continuous improvement and be a true team player.
§ Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent
§ Strong communication skills
§ Mechanical ability
§ Computer skills
§ Must demonstrate a general knowledge of production operations specific to production and packaging lines.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $26.69 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Vision care
- Secondary School (required)
- Machine Operator: 1 year (preferred)
- Food Manufacturing: 1 year (preferred)