Shannex Incorporated is a leading and innovative provider of senior’s accommodation, care and service in the Maritimes and Ontario. Shannex is an expanding organization that currently employs over 4,000 people. We are on an exciting path of continued growth that will offer outstanding living choices, improved services and exceptional careers.
We are pleased to offer the following exciting new opportunity at Parkland Retirement Living, a division of Shannex:
Wellness Coach – Part time Temporary - 1 year Term position
Located at our facility Parkland at the Lakes 2 in Dartmouth, our Wellness Coach is part of a professional interdisciplinary team within Shannex. The Wellness Coach is key to supporting our clients in our sites and upholding “Shannex Philosophy of Service”. The Wellness Coach implements and evaluates Harmony Wellness services to all clients and guests according to established expectations for service excellence.
- Collaborating with each client to assess their engagement of meaningful activities in the six dimensions of wellness - Physical, Social, Intellectual, Vocational, Emotional, and Spiritual.
- Assisting each client in achieving their goals to enhance their overall wellness and assist with defining strategies for achieving those goals.
- Developing client-directed individualized and community-wide programs to promote the six dimensions of wellness for clients.
- Fostering partnerships with local businesses and community groups to facilitate program development
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of respecting client’s rights, including: respecting others, maintaining confidentiality, promoting independence, respecting privacy, respecting the right to refuse services and involvement
- Develops and manages the volunteer program including: recruiting and screening, placement
- Evaluating the Harmony Program to ensure that the program is meeting the clients’ needs and expectations along with upholding the established expectations of the program.
- Oversee the process of orientation for each new client to the wellness department and services
- Completion of the Harmony Wellness Assessment Guide with all clients to assist them in defining their strengths and areas they would like to enhance to improve their overall wellness.
- Provide ongoing encouragement to clients in areas such as participation, volunteering, making independent decisions, and voicing personal preferences and choices.
- Meets with clients to review and evaluate their wellness goals and strategies.
- Modifies the Wellness service delivery to reflect the changing health status of the clients in consultation with the Harmony & Wellness Team
- Collaborates with the Wellness Team to plans external client outings and organize transportation
- Oversees Wellness services for special functions ensuring organization, cost efficiency and appropriate staffing are maintained
- Completing all duties in a way which is consistent with Shannex’s Philosophy of Service: Your life. Your choice. Your Home.
- Post-secondary Degree/Diploma in Recreation or other related discipline.
- Previous experience in programming and planning for seniors in a recreational environment preferred.
- Understanding of the 6 dimensions of wellness.
- Emergency First Aid and CPR.
- Demonstrated computer skills and ability to use electronic information systems, including but not limited to electronic health records.
- Ability to work flexible hours and shifts when required.
- Alzheimer’s Disease and Other Dementia Care Course considered an asset.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, attractive benefits plan, a corporate discount program, free on-site parking, and flexible scheduling.
Great People is a core value at Shannex based on the belief that our team members are the spirit and foundation of the organization. Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for team members where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our colleagues are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life.
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career and make your mark in a rapidly growing organization please apply by January 6, 2021.
All applications will be kept in strict confidence.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Contract length: 12 months
Application Deadline: 2020-12-30
Expected Start Date: 2021-01-04
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
- recreational planning: 1 year (Preferred)