**This is a temporary full-time position for a maternity leave replacement (12-18 months)**
This position focuses primarily on the accounts receivable and payable functions while providing support to the Manager, Finance and other members of the accounting team. ADC’s perform a variety of duties, which include data collection, analysis and other related functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
At the beginning of each period, the Manager, Finance will give direction to the accounting team as to what task they will be responsible for and the length of time:
Accounts Payable/Receivable Support
· Maintains all standard Accounts Payable functions such as: processing invoices, weekly EFT payments and printing cheques.
· Calculates and prepares the weekly EFC invoices, including abatements and other adjustments. Reconciles EFC account on a quarterly basis. Maintains all standard Accounts Receivable functions such as; recording bank deposits, processing invoices, following up on outstanding accounts and other related AR duties.
· Ensures timely period billing to producers for fowl removal by inputting data from Westcoast Reduction and verifying TM1 data prior to releasing weekly invoices.
· Period and year-end financial closing, including: A/R and A/P sub-ledger, G/L reconciliations, and preparing lead sheet details with account analysis (where applicable).
· Ensures periodic financial close processes are completed, including: preparation and update to fixed assets; creation and entering of journal entries; and completing bank reconciliations.
· Creates Ad hoc reports as required.
· Ensures monthly GST remittances are completed in a timely fashion.
· Weekly Industrial Product: imports Data Extract from LRM into TM1; works with LRM to ensure data is accurate; submits relevant information to all involved.
· Weekly Production: imports all grading station’s production CSV files in TM1; updates changes to producer’s fresh start & other adjustments in TM1; verifies accuracy of fowl removal billing data; prepares weekly payments to producers, graders and other related payments.
· Supports EFP Program by: tracking weekly placements; ensuring program is operating per program requirements; processing payments to producers in SAGE; maintaining audit records for EFC.
· Maintains effective and respectful interaction with co-workers, superiors and other stakeholders to maximize the benefit of healthy relationships and open communication.
· Collaborates with members on the Accounting team and other staff to achieve organizational goals, providing input as required and being open to feedback from others.
· Assists other members of the Accounting team as required to meet departmental objectives.
· Supports Manager, Finance working with consultants on a variety of projects, as required.
· Performs other related duties as may be assigned.
DESIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
Education and Experience:
· One to three years’ experience in a junior accounting role
· A minimum of 1 year in an accredited accounting program
· Computerized accounting experience preferred
· Demonstrated understanding of GAAP, accounting policies and procedures
· Proven strong knowledge of Excel, including linked worksheets and workbooks
· Proven ability to work as part of a team
· Excellent communications skills, both written and oral
· Demonstrated ability to work independently, problem solve and be attentive to details
· Highly organized with a proven ability to effectively prioritize work to meet deadlines
· Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
· Demonstrated commitment to service excellence
· Proven ability to function effectively in a dynamic, fast paced environment
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $25.98 /hour
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)