Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Teck Resources Ltd. is Canada’s largest diversified natural resource company with a strong history of innovation over the last 100 years. The RACE21™ team is leading the charge in a company-wide renewal of technology and infrastructure, transforming mining for the next generation.
With financial backing and commitment from leadership, Teck envisions a fully integrated, agile, digital platform that will Renew, Automate, and Connect materials, processes, equipment flows, and data systems to expand and enable a broad application of advanced analytics, robotics, and artificial intelligence. As well as Empower employees to unleash their creativity and innovation at work, increasing sustainability, safety, and performance in real time, unlocking resource base knowledge and improving planning for optimal resource extraction.
Reporting to the Program Director, Renew Operational Systems, the Manager, Digital Infrastructure Delivery is responsible for the successful delivery of a portfolio of digital infrastructure renewal projects across Teck’s operations globally. The projects include fortification or expansion of local data center facilities, server and storage infrastructure, wide and local area networks, as well as specialized industrial wired and wireless networks that include large scale private LTE networks. The Manager, Digital Infrastructure Delivery engages at Teck operations and corporate offices globally with senior management, operational and engineering personnel, as well as other technology and innovation teams.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Manage the definition, planning, delivery, and operational readiness of a complex portfolio of digital infrastructure projects across Teck operations globally
- Manage project budgets and forecasts as well as the allocation of resources between projects within the portfolio
- Build and supervise a high performing team of contract technology professionals, and establish partnerships with strategic suppliers to meet delivery and sustainment objectives
- Create and maintain relationships across all Teck operations and corporate offices to facilitate the alignment of project objectives and strategy
- Continuously improve delivery efficiency and effectiveness through continuous monitoring of core metrics, key performance indicators (KPIs), and other critical success factors
- Apply organizational change management techniques to maximize the adoption of new technologies
- Work with sustainment teams to develop and execute operational readiness plans ensuring effective transitions to operations
- Support purchasing teams in negotiating for products and services
- Proactively manage risks and resolve problems
- Bachelor’s or post-graduate degree in Computer Science, Computer or Software Engineering or a related discipline
- Ten years of progressively senior level experience delivering and supporting digital infrastructure services in an industrial setting
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including the ability to motivate, coach, and mentor employees
- Strong breadth and depth of knowledge of digital infrastructure and experience delivering LTE networks
- Knowledge of open pit mining and mineral processing business processes, concepts, and terminology
- Excellent program and project management skills and strong knowledge of business analysis techniques
- Strong commitment to customer satisfaction and the ability to maintain lasting relationships with business partners and strategic suppliers
- Strong analytical capabilities and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across departments
- Impeccable managerial and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work comfortably with a high degree of autonomy in a fast-pasted and ambiguous environment
- Effective, versatile and action-oriented
- Fluent in English and Spanish would be an asset
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent