Metro 360 is looking for a Part-Time Book/Magazine/Music Merchandiser for the Malton area to merchandise and maintain our magazine, book, and music sections at Walmart Malton. This position also requires a couple of hours a week of merchandising other product lines.
As a Book/Magazine/Music Merchandiser, you will be required to merchandise new products arriving in stores weekly. You will also need to maintain our sections by keeping them tidy and well stocked. You will be required to follow detailed plan-o-grams, which are models that indicate the placement of retail products on shelves in order to maximize sales.
Required Hours: Monday (4 hours) and Friday (5.5 hours) = Total 9.5 hours
A merchandiser must be able to lift up to 40lbs, be able to follow detailed plan-o-grams, be organized, and be able to work independently.
*A Smartphone is required for this position along with a small data plan* in order to access and use our web based login system from the store. This system is used to track your hours worked and share work documents. You will also be required to occasionally take and email pictures of store fixtures.
- You must be available to work part-time for approximately 9.5 hours a week(daytime hours).
- Store must be serviced on the scheduled service days; there is some flexibility with the time of day that the service can be completed.
- Access to your own vehicle is necessary for this job, as it may involve travel between locations. You will be paid for kilometers traveled between calls.
- You will be required to print up to 40 pages of plan-o-grams every week. Printing expenses will be paid.
- Merchandisers are paid a set flat rate to merchandise their assigned stores on a weekly basis. Most of our merchandisers make the equivalent of $16/hr based on their efficiency and speed. It will be your responsibility to ensure that stores are merchandised fully on the scheduled days listed above.
- A merchandiser position is a physically demanding job that will require you to handle an average of 75 bundles/boxes on a weekly basis.
If you are looking for a permanent, part-time position with some flexibility as a Book/Magazine/Music Merchandiser, please respond with your resume and cover letter.
*Check out our website: www.metro360.ca
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- merchandising: 1 year (Preferred)
- driver's licence (Required)
- English (Required)