Wesbell is seeking an Junior Engineering Drafter. This position will be responsible for AutoCAD drafting and detailing of green field telecommunication towers, rooftop structures, and other structural steel and concrete projects as necessary, as well as coordination within project teams.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Develop 2D CAD drawingsof steel structures and reinforced concrete foundations based on the Engineer’s verbal direction or rough sketches
- Develop detail welding and bolting connection drawings
- Produceerection drawings for field installation
- Provide fabrication drawings for manufacturing and DXF or other machining files as needed
- Prepare material takeoffs and Bill of Material (BOM)
- Assist in developing and upgrading structural design library and company product catalogue
- The occasional site visit/ inspection may be required
- Other duties and tasks as appropriate to the needs of the business
Education (Theoretical Training):
- College graduates from Civil EngineeringTechnology / Technician program or University degree in Structural Engineering
- 2+ years of structural steel drafting/ detailingand concrete drafting experience
- Must be able to read and understand Structural blueprints
- Advanced skills in use of AutoCAD
- Experience in fabrication environment with CNC software considered an asset
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Good written and oral communication skills (Englishessential)
- Ability to recognize and adhere to established deadlines and schedules
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and multi-tasking
- Ability to fit into a fast-pacedteam environment and/or work independently
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record
If you would like to pursue this employment opportunity with Wesbell, you may apply by sending a resume. Please reference Engineering Drafter in the subject line of the email when applying for the position.
View this and other postings at www.wesbell.com.
Wesbell welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in Wesbell. Only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Structural Steel Drafting: 2 years (Required)
- AutoCAD: 2 years (Required)
- Mississauga, ON (Preferred)
- Driver's Licence (Preferred)