Nelson River Construction (NRC) is currently hiring an experienced and motivated Concrete Paving Superintendent for Concrete Operations.
NRC is a leading heavy construction contractor in Winnipeg MB; operating inter-provincially with the expertise in many areas of heavy construction; from Concrete, Asphalt paving, Aggregate processing and Underground services.
We focus on providing a supportive work environment that exceeds expectations and continually improves the quality of everything we do.
The primary function of this position is to provide supervisory direction and oversight related to public and private infrastructure projects requiring the construction and installation of a wide array of road projects.
- Plan, organize and direct field operations to achieve project objectives;
- Direct people and equipment resources in the most efficient and economical manner;
- Review and analyze field performance to continually improve operations;
- Review plans, specifications, shop drawings and monitor job costs vs. budget costs;
- Identify gaps, errors and unexpected problems and create quality solutions;
- Deliver projects on schedule, on budget and to specified requirements;
- Maintain exceptional standards in safety, quality and environmental stewardship;
- Train and evaluate employee performance and provide corrective action when needed;
- Liaise, consult and communicate effectively with management, engineers, owners, contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers on project related matters.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- C.E.T. with a Municipal or Construction Management Degree or GSC designation
- Minimum 8 years of work experience in the concrete industry
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of concrete paving methods and techniques
- Experience with Microsoft Project, Bid2Win, Microsoft Office will be considered an asset
- Must possess strong leadership, communication and organizational skills
- Thorough knowledge of GOMACO paving equipment
Candidates must be willing to work primarily in a field environment and intermittently in the office.
Working on remote sites may be required on an infrequent basis.
Salary and benefits:
- Qualified candidates can expect above average remuneration, comprehensive benefits, competitive pension plan, company vehicle and opportunity for performance bonus.
If you are interested in becoming part of a strong team and a leader in the construction industry, please forward your resume.
Only those considered for employment will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Concrete: 8 years (Required)