Lactanet Canada is a dairy producer owned organization providing innovative dairy herd management and genetic services to more than 10,000 dairy farm customers and professional advisors across Canada. We are a national organization created by a partnership of Canadian Dairy Network (CDN), CanWest DHI and Valacta providing all components of genetic evaluation, milk recording (data collection, lab analysis, data processing, etc.) herd management software and solutions, applied research and innovation, advisory services, knowledge transfer and traceability.
LABORATORY TECHNICIAN – Guelph ON
We are currently accepting applications for a Laboratory Technician in our Guelph, Ontario laboratory location. This is a part time position reporting to the Ontario Laboratory Manager.
- Conducting routine ELISA-based testing on milk samples, following approved test procedures.
- Performing non-technical laboratory duties related to the analysis of milk samples.
- Performing clerical duties as required and other duties as assigned.
- Biology-based Degree or Diploma.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a laboratory.
- Experience performing routine biological testing.
- Experience working in high throughput, deadline driven environment.
- Excellent time management is critical.
- Competent with pipettes and general laboratory equipment.
- Proficient with computer software programs including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiarity with ISO 17025.
- Ability to perform routine duties while maintaining concentration level.
- Customer, results and quality focus.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent work ethic with strong sense of team.
If you are interested and meet the qualifications for this position, please send a cover letter and your resume in the content of an email (no attachments please) with the subject line “Laboratory Technician - ON”
Lactanet is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace where people are valued, respected and supported. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request. We thank all applicants for their interest and will contact those who are selected for an interview.NO PHONE CALLS OR AGENCIES PLEASE.
Reference ID: Laboratory Technician-ONPT
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $21.93-$26.35 per hour
- laboratory: 2 years (Required)
- performing routine biological testing: 1 year (Required)