The Canadian Cancer Society is a national organization of volunteers whose mission is the eradication of cancer and the enhancement of the quality of life of people living with cancer.
What is Involved: By utilizing your personal and professional networks, you will work collaboratively with your Canadian Cancer Society staff partner and Relay For Life Event Experience Chair to build a promotion and team recruitment strategy for Relay For Life.
The Community Engagement Chair will focus on the following areas:
- Recruitment of participants
- Retention of participants
- Survivor engagement
- Marketing and promotions
- Sponsorship and product donations
Time Commitment: (late fall 2019 - June 2020)
- Full participation in monthly meetings (weekday evenings). Additional time to attend community events or additional meetings. Committed to providing hands-on leadership throughout the actual day of event.
What You Bring to this Position:
- You are excited and motivated to support Canadians living with cancer by raising funds and awareness for cancer research and support services.
- You have strong communication skills and are comfortable with sales, speaking and presenting to large groups.
- You are ready to use your organizational skills to engage members of your community in a meaningful way.
- Be a member of a successful team helping to create a world where no one fears cancer.
- Apply your skills and experience to promote Relay For Life in your community.
- Gain leadership experience, public speaking and networking opportunities.
- Have a positive impact in your community.
- Be part of an event that fosters community giving and generosity.
- Get training and learning opportunities to strengthen personal skills.
- Have Fun!
Job Type: Volunteer
- Fundraising: 1 year (Preferred)
- Project Management: 1 year (Preferred)