Job title :
SURGICAL BOOKING CLERK
EK REGIONAL HOSPITAL
East Kootenay Regional Hospital in Cranbrook is looking for a Casual Surgical Booking Clerk to join their team! Apply today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
- A current Typing Test 45 wpm *A valid 5 minute typing test taken within the past 48 months from an accredited institution is required. Please note that self-administered internet tests are not accepted**
- Proof of completion of a Medical Terminology Course;
- Your Resume indicating three year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
The Surgical Booking Clerk plays a significant role in ensuring that the overall surgical booking requirements are met. Applies critical thinking and uses current knowledge of procedure protocols and computerized systems to schedule and assign patients/procedures to the daily surgical bookings. Duties may include:
Hours of work:
- Receives and processes requests for surgical procedures and coordinates with physicians and their offices;
- Develops and updates surgical waitlists and slates using computerized surgical scheduling systems - PICIS OR Manager, Surgical Patient Registry (SPR), Community Wide Scheduling (CWS), etc.;
- Edits surgical slate - identifying errors or conflicts, assigning extra cases, adjusting slate, confirms final booking assignments with designated personnel;
- Communicates and collaborates with Admitting, Medical Device Reprocessing, nursing units, anesthetists, surgeons and other departments;
- Instructs patients/family of pre-operative instructions for the surgical procedures, pre admission clinic visits and other appointments;
- Compiles, maintains and distributes designated surgical usage/surgical statistical data;
- Generates a variety of reports relating to surgical bookings and waitlists;
- Clerical duties;
- Performs site/department specific duties - inputting patient data and transcribing information into relevant systems; acting as a communication link for the unit; arranging for patient tests, entering diagnostic requisitions, and receiving results; assembling and maintaining patient charts; maintaining unit supply levels.
Monday - Friday, 08:00 to 16:00
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces.....Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- Grade 12,
- Three year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Completion of a Typing Test 45 wpm or greater, dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only.
Ability to keyboard at 45 wpm.
Knowledge of medical terminology.
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Ability to deal with others effectively.
Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Ability to organize work.
Ability to operate related equipment.
We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.