Positions Available: 1
Unionized Position: No
Hours of Work: 35.00 hours per week (Evenings and Weekends)
Compensation: $21.50 to $24.39 per hour
Position Type: Full-time Contract
Reporting to the Client Services Manager, The Home Support Coordinator assists in coordinating and monitoring service for community clients and scheduling workers in both the community and other Reconnect programs. The successful candidate will in, collaboration with their manager, monitor, support and assist in directing Home Support Workers and program staff and maintain appropriate records. The duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Receives and handles issues including service scheduling, cancellations, billing, etc. and seeks the support of management when needed;
- Works closely with Case Workers and management to assure that client care plans are incorporated in service delivery;
- Assists in providing orientation, training and on-going support to staff;
- Point person for scheduling client services for Home Support Workers in the community and other Reconnect Programs;
- Maintains and files all required documentation, statistics and records for the department;
- Assists to organize and chair Home Support Worker staff meetings;
- Completes all other duties as assigned by the Client Services Manager.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Community College Diploma in related field;
- Two or more years related experience; preferably in a health care setting
- Minimum 2 Years’ Electronic scheduling experience.
Key skills and abilities we are looking for:
- Sound organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and meet conflicting deadlines are essential;
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills;
- Self-directed and independent, but also experienced in working effectively as a member of multi-disciplinary team, which includes internal and external stakeholders;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to effectively act as an agent for Reconnect with internal and external stakeholders;
- Applied computer skills (Microsoft Office, Client Information Systems, Scheduling softwares);
- Fluency in a second language is a strong asset;
- Valid Driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle is required.
- Criminal background check;
- Must be willing to work flexible hours to fulfill the needs of the position, as required.
Who we are:
Reconnect Community Health Services is a Toronto based not-for-profit offering a wide range of programs, treatment, support services and help to individuals 16 years of age and older. Our services include Adult Day Services, Case Management, Home Help and Personal Care, Meals on Wheels, Therapeutic Falls Prevention, Mental Health Multidisciplinary Teams, Addictions Case Management, Crisis Outreach and Crisis Beds.
All interested applicants who meet the qualifications listed above are invited to submit a cover letter and resume.
To request an accommodation in the application process, contact us by phone at (416) 248-2050 ext. 5288
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Reconnect Community Health Services
1281 St. Clair Avenue West
Toronto, Ontario M6E 1B8
Reconnect Community Health Services promotes the principles of and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We strongly encourage applicants with lived experiences, from indigenous communities, people of all races, colors, ethnic origins, religions, disabilities and sexual orientations to apply. We recognize that equitable access to employment is an agent in social change.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract