Teller/Customer Service Representative - In Branch
Field of Expertise: Retail Financial Services
Location: Floater – Greater Halton Area (Georgetown, Acton, Milton, Burlington)
Number of Positions Available: 1
We invest in people.
We are looking for a passionate relationship builder to be a part-time Member Solutions Representative supporting branches within our greater Halton area.
Tandia Financial Credit Union (Tandia) is seeking a talented individual who matches the values we live by and who is passionate about developing business and relationships. Do you care deeply about increasing financial literacy to help our members secure a better future? Do you want to be a part of an organization that is proud to treat its members like a neighbour rather than a number? Then you are right for Tandia, and we’d like to meet you.
Your Work at a Glance
Our Member Solutions Representatives (MSRs) are very integral individuals within our branches. You are the first point of contact and face of Tandia to our members.
As an MSR, you will be responsible helping our members with their day-to-day banking needs, including cash transactions and bill payments. You’ll stay up-to-date on our ongoing campaigns and promotions so that you can answer any questions that our members have. You will also quickly become an expert on the products and services that Tandia provides to our members. This isn’t about pushing unnecessary products and services on our members; you will use your knowledge to see opportunities where a product or service can help our members support and achieve their financial goals.
Excellent member service is a strategy for most financial institutions, but for Tandia Financial Credit Union, it’s a part of our DNA.
We are looking for someone who:
- Understands the Credit Union philosophies and principles
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills
- Can build and maintain relationships with our members
- Pays attention to the details, no matter how big or small
- Is proactive, going the extra mile to support our members
- Is creative, flexible, and able to adapt to a constantly evolving environment
- Has customer service and cash handling experience
- Has the ability to travel between our branches within the G.H.A.as needed
- Can support our branch operations, including evening and weekend availability
As Unique as You
We believe that financial institutions should be more accountable to the people they serve; we believe that there’s more than one way to measure success; and we believe that our profits should have a positive financial, social and environmental impact on the communities in which we live and work. Actions speak louder than words and we work hard to demonstrate our commitment each and every day.
At Tandia, we recognize that our staff and members are unique - and that matters to us.
- We offer an attractive salary, success sharing, and a comprehensive pension plan
- Employee pricing benefits on many financial services, including daily banking plans, loans, and mortgages
- Education is a priority and we reimburse staff for the cost of approved, University-accredited courses for your professional development
- As a credit union, living the co-operative principles is a part of our long and rich history
- We invest in our members and our communities with an extensive community investment program devoted to supporting the organizations, events, and volunteers that make our communities stronger (check out our page on Do Some Good)
If you are looking for a career where you can genuinely make a difference in people’s lives and your passion is helping people achieve their unique financial goals, Tandia is interested in meeting you.
We thank all applicants who applied, however only those selected will be contacted.
Tandia is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner, consistent with the principles of dignity, independence, equal opportunity and integration. Tandia is strongly committed to employment equity within its community and to recruiting a diverse workforce. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request by contacting Human Resources.
Job Type: Part-time
- financial service: 1 year (Preferred)
- cash handling: 2 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Offer support and solutions to customers in accordance with the company's customer service policies
- Engage with clients in a friendly and professional manner while actively listening to their concerns
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and teams to stay updated on new products, services, and policies
- Other duties as requested