We are building a better future!
At Saand we believe that producing high quality work together in flow is the best method to build a better future. Headquartered in Etobicoke, Ontario Saand has 4 decades of glass fabrication experience and has helped construct some of Ontario’s most iconic buildings.
We’re seeking a new colleague for to join the CSR team in Stittsville, Ottawa ON for a 16-month maternity leave contract role. If you consider yourself to be a highly skilled Heavy Glass Technician with hands on CAD experience we invite you to submit your resume. This is an on-site position.
The Heavy Glass Technician position is primarily responsible to read and interpret customer drawings to create CAD, PDF or A+W drawings which facilitates the programming of cutting files, and the fabrication of glass. The role coordinates with order entry, scheduling and plant resources to respond quickly to customer requirements and to implement proactive corrective actions as needed to ensure a high level of customer service.
A secondary responsibility may be to create enter and/or check customer orders to support the team in its efforts to achieve a 24-hour order entry.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive and analyze drawings, review incoming orders for completeness and accuracy
- Create drawings using CAD or A+W (shapes/nesting) and attach to line items in orders
- Monitor and track drawings and maintain drawings library
- Prepare customer estimates for heavy glass and showers
- Keep up to date shower order entry and estimating procedures
- Create macros within A+W for repetitive buildups and key customers
- Enter customer orders as required into an A+W ERP system
- Responsible for EDI intercompany purchase orders and those to external suppliers
- Check team orders that have been entered
- Trouble shoot processing issues within team, scheduling, production, engineering, and A+W support
- Assist outside sales representatives as required for complex orders
- Contact and communicate with customers through phone, email, and fax as required
- Assist fabrication personnel by trouble shooting issues as required
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Full competency in using CAD
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings, diagrams, and quote requests
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail
- Proven customer service orientation
- Overseeing of shower hardware purchasing and shipping
- Must be able to establish priorities and work as part of a team
- Ability to work with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Excellent time management, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of the glass industry, (tempering, I.G., laminated glass, fabricated glass)
- Working knowledge of MS Office, sales order and strong keyboarding skills
- Fluency in English, written and oral is essential and French would be an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Post-secondary education, preferably hands on experience with CAD.
Saand’s company culture and environment is one which promotes engagement, innovation, inclusion, and creativity in flow.
Saand is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and, upon request, will work with qualified job applicants to provide suitable accommodation in a manner that considers the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability. Accommodation requests are available to candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process for Saand jobs. To request an accommodation, please contact HR.
We thank you for your interest in Saand; However, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Contract length: 16 months
Salary: From $20.00 per hour
Our COVID 19 precautions are in place as per the recent guidelines from Public Health. It is currently optional for employees, visitors, contractors to wear mask and undergo a temperature check upon arrival. Thank you !