We are a growing accounting firm that is focused on providing our clients with the best bookkeeping and tax experience possible, we are paperless, tech-savvy and we think outside the box. We operate with a start-up mentality where we constantly adapt to our clients and move very quickly.
The role can be fulfilled entirely online and remotely but if you can have an occasional local presence that would be an asset
- Provide day to day dynamic leadership to remote/virtual accounting teams, sales and marketing teams including supervising the firm’s entire operations
- Coordinate work assignments between the various departments
- Create and ensure that the monthly calendar, checklists and project management software are all up to date and that the due dates for all deliverables are met
- Act as the first point of contact for emergency situations during open hours of operation
- Manage the workflow and efficiency metrics of various departments
- Build high performing teams through the Hiring and screening of new employees, including conducting interviews, the onboarding and training process as well as the ongoing management process
- Provide coaching and leadership for the team, develop and implement strategies to achieve and exceed performance goals (Service Level, Service Efficiency, Quality Assurance).
- Develop staff training programs and conduct training and performance reviews
- Ensures appropriate staffing levels are available at all times
- Complete performance reviews for direct reports.
- Track and monitor internal operational and performance metrics revolving around accuracy, timeliness, & efficiency, proactively identify areas of opportunity and/or concern to senior leadership and providing recommendations to improve.
- Set goals and milestones for external service and customer satisfaction, analyzing performance metrics to determine optimal policies, and providing guidance and supervision to the entire team.
- Develop and maintain tight internal controls over all aspects of this business
- Identify and implement technology that will enhance the firm’s operations
- Develop, implement and review corrective actions when necessary to address quality and timeliness issues
- Lead the documentation and implementation of defined standard operating procedures.
- Identification of growth opportunities, revenue optimization, and cost containment.
Minimum Requirements for This Role:
- 2-4 years of experience managing a team of 5-10 people
- accounting experience and a CPA is an asset but not a requirement
- Strong leadership and coaching skills
- Experience in a client-facing role
- Fluent in English, oral and written with excellent communications skills
- Excellent computer skills, tech-savvy, strong organizational skills
- Self-motivated, self-starter and works well independently
- Able to perform work quickly and accurately. Strong attention to detail is required
- Fast learner with strong research skills
- Occasional weekend or evening hours may be required
To apply for this job, please email hr @ accountor .ca with the subject line of 722OP and your resume
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, we will only be contacting those being considered or selected for an interview. We wish you the best of luck.
Please indicate your salary requirements during the application.
No Agency Calls Please.
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home opportunities
- Casual dress
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: $65,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
- operations management: 2 years (Required)