JFE Shoji Power Canada Inc. is looking for Material Handlers in Burlington, ON! All together, more powerful.
What you’ll do as the Material Handler:
- Packaging of slit steel and labeling and moving steel into inventory areas.
- Provide support to all members of the slitting crew and to achieve the performance targets as defined for the shift.
- Ensure that all materials slit on shift are in accordance with customer specifications.
- This position is responsible for the achievement of 5S and TPM work necessary for the complete slitting area including the slit coil fields.
- De-canning of master coils via pull system
- Maintain safe work environment
- Ensure material received is weighed measured and labeled correctly
- Ensure proper material is delivered to slitting lines as needed
- Coordinate daily with shipping receiving all incoming shipments expected
- Advancement within the company
- Rotating continental shifts (12 hour shifts) and overtime available as required
- $100 Safety boot allowance and prescription safety glasses allowance
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits after 3 months
- Pension plan after 6 months
- Shift premium (80 cents) on all regular hours and production bonus after 6 months
- Perkopolis Account - get access to 5000+ exclusive online discounts to stores & sport events (Hello Fresh, Apple, Indigo, Toronto Marlies, Toronto Raptors, etc.)
About you, simply stated:
- Previous experience in a similar position
- Experience with counterbalance, high reach are a must
- Experience with an overhead crane is an asset
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must be flexible and willing to change shifts if required
- Previous experience in a similar position would be considered an asset
About JFE Shoji Power Canada Inc:
On September 20th, 2019, JFE Shoji Trade Corporation acquired 100% of the shares of Cogent Power Inc, from Tata Steel Europe. Grouped together, the Cogent and JFE Shoji Steel America business make it possible for JFE Shoji to capture greater market share in the electrical steel market for both transformer and automotive products. The combination of Cogent and JFE Shoji has become one of the largest processors of electrical steel transformers in the world. JFE Shoji currently has many other production and processing facilities throughout Asia, as well as a facility in Tijuana, Mexico.
Globally, JFE Shoji enhanced the business’ competitiveness by sharing and integrating the technical skill with deep business experience, which can be strongly applied to the global and North American markets. With this investment, JFE Shoji has one of the world’s leading processing and distribution functions for core design and manufacturing for transformers.
Based in Tokyo, JFE is one the world’s largest steel producers with over 45,000 employees and operations globally.
If you would like to be considered, please apply in confidence. For more information about starting your career with JFE Shoji Power Canada, please visit https://www.jfeshojipower.com/
Job Type: Full time, benefits, vacation, RRSP and Pension offered!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $18.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- How many years of material handler experience do you have?
- Why are you interested in this job?