Pathcore is a Toronto-based software company specializing in whole slide digital pathology image management and workflow. The company develops leading enterprise-grade software for managing big pathology data which supports cancer informatics and healthcare IT. We are located in downtown Toronto, steps away from the College Park metro station, the MaRS discovery district, and lots of great food options! Currently, due to the pandemic, we are 100% remote and building a team across Canada.
About the Position
Pathcore is looking for a talented and energetic Product Designer to help us develop modern web apps for digital pathology. The ideal candidate will work closely with the engineering team to translate feature ideas into aesthetically pleasing and effective UI/UX experiences. In this role you will be involved with every aspect of product development, from initial research to supporting the launch of new features. In between these ends, you will work with developers to ensure designs are implemented completely and products meet exceptionally high standards for UI/UX.
Your primary research method will be through meeting with customers, both pre-sales and post-sales, and by surveying products on the market. This role is customer-facing and yet, it's also very technical. You will be expected to thoroughly learn and/or understand workflow requirements of pre-clinical and clinical uses of imaging and image analysis for brightfield and fluorescence microscopy, and the applications of these technologies to cancer informatics, drug development, and diagnostics.
If you enjoy solving challenging problems, want to make an impact in healthcare and cancer, like keeping up with the latest technology, and have strong design instincts and follow-through, we’d love to meet with you!
This is a remote position. Applicants from all parts of Canada are encouraged to apply.
- Collaborate with the product teams on outlining user flows and prototyping initial wireframes
- Produce intuitive and beautiful user interfaces for web, mobile, and iOS
- Run user testing to inform design decisions
- Communicate design solutions with the engineering team during development
- 3+ years professional product design experience
- A portfolio showcasing your UI/UX skills for web apps and scientific tools
- A technical background and/or mindset related to fields of engineering, physical sciences, math, computer science
- Proficiency with contemporary design tools, including Figma, Sketch, Invision, etc.
- Ability to clearly communicate your designs to the engineering team
- Experience with various forms of user research such as surveys, interviews, and usability testing
- Ability to speak with scientific customers and understand their needs, and to relay this information back to the Engineering team and infuse it into your designs
- Academic background or work experience with microscopy and/or pathology
- Hand on experience with and knowledge of imaging systems, image analysis or visualization software, data capture software or related products for scientific applications
- Academic background or work experience in biology, biochemistry, genetics, or other disciplines involved in the study, treatment or diagnosis of cancers
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Medical and health benefits package
- Remote work benefits package
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
- product design: 1 year (preferred)