SPECIAL NOTE\* The teams at NewAge Products Inc. are taking every precaution to ensure the health and safety of our employees and those that we interact with. Until further notice, all interviews will be held virtually, with arrangements made to accommodate your schedule and technology preference.
Headquartered in North York, ON, with employees in Canada, the US, China and India, NewAge is an industry-leading manufacturer and distributor of premium home improvement solutions.
Our products are sold through major online retailers such as Lowes, The Home Depot, Costco, Amazon, and Wayfair as well as our own e-commerce site. But what makes us unique is that we provide a truly cohesive customer experience, from free expert assistance designing and planning new spaces to delivery and professional installation.
Our collaborative, inclusive team atmosphere nurtures personal growth, career advancement and job satisfaction, as evidenced by our certification as a Great Place to Work in Canada and our 4.4 out of 5 rating on Glassdoor.
With tremendous pride, we continue to receive a growing number of industry accolades including over 75 unique product patents, awards for our team of expert designers, prominent ranking on the Profit 500 list of Canada’s fastest growing companies, and the naming of our founders to the Top 40 under 40 in Canada by BNN Bloomberg.
As our journey to becoming the preferred choice for premium home improvement solutions continues, we’re adding ambitious, driven, passionate members to our team who are inspired to be their best and ready to make a difference.
NewAge Products is looking friendly, high-energy, enthusiastic, outgoing individuals who enjoy interacting with people. If you are a detail-oriented, highly-driven sales representative who is ready to deliver world class shopping experiences in-person and on-camera then this role is right for you!
Reporting to the Manager, Experience Centre & Virtual Experience Centre Operations, the Experience Centre (EC) Associate is responsible for supporting customers with finding the best solution to complete their home improvement projects. With focus on building a rapport with customers, qualifying customer needs, creating 3D designs, upselling & cross-selling, and driving conversion, the successful candidate will work daily towards achieving both individual and team goals.
The EC Associate will support walk-in customers, pre-booked design consultations appointments, and appear on camera for both on-demand and pre-booked virtual product demonstrations to customers from all over the world. With the goal of providing deep, engaging demos, answering a wide variety of product and service questions, and helping customers understand the exciting and unique features of NewAge products, the EC Associate will be fully trained to handle the common, and even the not-so-common questions customers have as they prepare to purchase.
At the end of every interaction, the EC Associate will leave the customer with a fantastic, memorable experience that will reinforce NewAge as their destination to furnish their home renovation projects. In addition, this role requires agility and flexibility to react quickly as direction or requirements change and to ensure continuity and thoroughness in activities in the event of a shift in direction.
Sales Duties: *
- Meet or exceed weekly, monthly, yearly sales targets
- Establish rapport and build a professional relationship with clients
- Qualify customer by asking clear, direct, exploratory questions to understand their needs
- Expertly handle customer inquiries, and confidently promote and sell NewAge Products
- Work closely with peers and leadership team to support walk-in customers, pre-booked consultation appointments, virtual consultations, virtual product demonstrations, and other channels as required
- Provide timely follow-ups to ensure effective closing of all sales opportunities
- Diligently gather customer input on design requirements and convey detailed information to the Design Service team as required; validate the completed design to ensure it matches the customer’s needs
- Maintain product knowledge and stay current with all marketing promotions
- Upsell, cross-sell, and offer services to provide the best customer experience
- Provide a world-class sales experience and be a NewAge brand ambassador during every interaction
- Be a product knowledge expert – understand every element of every product NewAge offers to draw on during product demonstrations as the opportunities present themselves
- Engage customer in person or via online video sessions with friendly, personalized experiences to increase our brand’s value in customer’s mind
- Demonstrate NewAge products with enthusiasm highlighting a pre-defined list of features to enhance customer’s understanding of the features, quality & value available from NewAge Products
- Build rapport with customers by inquiring about their projects, understanding their needs, and sharing specific information to solidify NewAge as the manufacturer to purchase from
- Expertly answer specific/technical questions to ensure customer walks away with confidence
- Help customer proceed with next steps including providing customer with additional materials to plan and support their shopping experience, booking a design consultation, or guiding the customer to a Sales Associate to assist them with placing an order
- Demonstrate strategic agility based on the changing needs of the business
- Other related duties as assigned
What to Expect:
- There will be a lot of coordination and collaboration with the Direct Sales contact centre team; it is imperative that you are diligent in following pre-defined processes to ensure every customer case is managed expertly
- You will be handling online video demonstrations for a large portion of your shift, so it is important that you are comfortable being on camera
- You will be spending a significant amount of time on your feet as you walk the EC spaces pivoting from product to product demonstrating various features
- Scripting and blocking will be outlined to provide customers with maximum information and visibility of NewAge products
- Certain demonstrations will require you to interact deeply with our products to demonstrate strength & quality – this may include lifting large objects to illustrate weight capacity, climbing on top of items, and other general physical activity
- Ability to work evenings and weekends in a retail environment; standard work hours: Wed-Fri 10am-6pm, Sat/Sun 9am-5pm; flexibility regarding these hours is required
- Minimum 2 years working in retail sales, customer service, contact centre or a similar capacity; refined selling techniques mandatory
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are mandatory; confidence, compassion, and high-energy when handling all types of customers
- Experience in a fast-paced customer service/sales environment (up-selling and/or cross-selling); experience selling to customers remotely is an asset
- Proven ability to quickly build strong relationships, and feeling comfortable with making recommendations / advising people
- Proven track-record of closing leads, meeting or exceeding sales targets, and a solid approach to overcoming objections during sales pitches
- Comfortable being on camera all day, and being recorded while providing demonstrations to individuals and groups
- Critical to have experience managing own work priorities to meet personal & team goals
- Must be proactive and results oriented with strong organization, communication and influencing skills; a self-starter who takes initiative, seeks opportunities for improvement, and creatively and constructively challenges the status quo
- Experience using Microsoft Office software in particular Outlook, Word and Excel
- Experience preparing 3D kitchen, garage or bathroom designs is an asset
- Interior design experience and a passion for home décor is an asset
- Experience working with design software is an asset
- Thrives in an environment of change and ambiguity
- Salary and bonus is based on experience and highly competitive for the right candidate
- Benefits package
- An opportunity within a growing, fast-paced company, well established in its industry
- Fun! We celebrate successes, and hold special events to build strong teams.
How to Apply:
If you’re intrigued by job profile described above, we invite you to apply with your resume and cover letter illustrating how you would be an ideal fit with our team. We thank all interested candidates for applying, and will contact those who qualify for an interview. No phone calls please. Offers of employment are contingent on the successful completion of a thorough background check.
Headquartered in North York, Ontario, with employees in the US, China and India, NewAge is committed to being a trusted brand in the home improvement industry by offering unique products, exceptional value and a best-in-class customer experience.
As a company, our core values are to simplify the complex, respect the dignity of all people, operate with integrity and openness, recognize our responsibility to the team and take a customer centric approach to everything we do.
If you identify with these values, you could be a great fit and valued member of our team!
NewAge Products is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusion and diversity. We provide employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require any accommodation.
Job Type: Full-time